CodeGuru Home VC++ / MFC / C++ .NET / C# Visual Basic VB Forums Developer.com

default project in Visual C++

Hi!
    I am lecturer in Armenian University. I teach “Programming in C++”. During my lecture I demonstrate and execute on the screen many independent C++ programs using Microsoft IDE (Visual C++). Many years I used Visual C++ 6.0. I executed programs just by double-clicking .cpp file without creating project. Visual C++ 6.0 created default project automatically. It was very convenient. Now I use new version - Visual C++ 2008 Professional Edition which has not such possibility. It is not convenient because I have to create project for each .cpp file.

My question:
    Is there a version of modern Visual C++ which has this possibility? Thank you in advance.

GCDEF is offline Elite Member Power Poster

Re: default project in Visual C++

How would you expect it to know what type of project you were interested in creating?

Re: default project in Visual C++

I executed programs just by double-clicking .cpp file without creating project.
    Never heard of this, and also, as GCDEF points out, how is that possible ? If you open a 'random' cpp file, you don't have a main, and even with a auto-generated main, the studio doesn't know what functions to call that are inside the cpp file.