dcsimg
CodeGuru Home VC++ / MFC / C++ .NET / C# Visual Basic VB Forums Developer.com

Thread: proxy caching algorithm..

Smile proxy caching algorithm..

Hi all,
    I am responsible of creating an algorithm on the proxy server which caches the
    most visited web site,

But the problem is that I'm a web developer not a network one & I've no past experience with network programming,
    - I've studied a lot of tutorials that are taking about web services, network programming, protocols, proxy servers, squid server & other..
    - I've created a console application which send requests & receive responses ( I mean that the code not a problem actually, the problem is the ALGORITHM)

I may create this algorithm, but It'll take more time & I've only 2 weeks remaining, can any one help me to do that in C#,

OR

give me the preferred the preferred steps to avoid time wasting

Thank u all

Re: proxy caching algorithm..

I mean with the most visited website:-

that the proxy server caches the website which had been browsed (internal URLs or requests) were done by the client or by an IP address, every weak according to the priority of the sites requests as we talked before..

Am i obvious..!?

Re: proxy caching algorithm..

Quote Originally Posted by Mostafa ElHawary View Post
    I mean with the most visited website:-

that the proxy server caches the website which had been browsed (internal URLs or requests) were done by the client or by an IP address,
    & this is redone every weak according to the priority of the sites requests as we talked before..

Am i obvious..!?
    thank u