CodeGuru Home VC++ / MFC / C++ .NET / C# Visual Basic VB Forums Developer.com

Really need some help with the printing

hi iam new with vb and iam just trying to learn this one by reading tutorials online. After months of trying, i have created one db which i would like to use at our office. Its a counter Ticketing system. Its fun actually i must say, but its also giving me the headache with the trial and error am doing. Please, could someone help me. Attached is the print screen of my project.

I was able to make it work. Yes, it prints the number it needs to print. The problem is, instead of printing the next number, it only prints the number 1. here is the code that i used.

Code:
    Public Class Form1
        Dim iTicket As Integer
        Dim ReturnString As String

Function getTicket()
            iTicket = iTicket + 1
            getTicket = iTicket

End Function
        Private Sub Routine()

ReturnString = "Your number is " & getTicket().ToString

End Sub

Private Sub Form1_Load(ByVal sender As System.Object, ByVal e As System.EventArgs) Handles MyBase.Load

iTicket = 0
        End Sub
        Private Sub Button1_Click(ByVal sender As System.Object, ByVal e As System.EventArgs) Handles Button1.Click

buttonOnClick()
            MsgBox("Please proceed at Counter 17.Your ticket is number " & getTicket())
            MsgBox("Print your number?", MsgBoxStyle.YesNo)

If vbYes Then

PrintiTicket.Print()

ElseIf vbNo Then

Close()

End If

End Sub

Private Sub PrintDocument1_PrintPage(ByVal sender As System.Object, ByVal e As System.Drawing.Printing.PrintPageEventArgs) Handles PrintiTicket.PrintPage

e.Graphics.DrawString(ReturnString, TextBox1.Font, Brushes.Blue, 100, 100)

End Sub

Private Sub buttonOnClick()

End Sub
    Please i really need help. I just really need to finish this project before the season of enrolment starts. Pleasee...Thank you so much in advance.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Re: Really need some help with the printing

You are printing returnstring but you are not setting it in your getticket() routine.

You are setting it in your Routine() sub routine but you are not calling that routine.
    Always use [code][/code] tags when posting code.