I encounter such issue when I deploy my application to Win2003 Server. it was running perfectly at my development machine.

my code as below:

Dim cryRpt As New ReportDocument
cryRpt.Load(Server.MapPath("rptQuotation.rpt"))

Dim paraValue As New ParameterDiscreteValue
paraValue.Value = v_strQuotationUID
cryRpt.SetParameterValue("@QuotationUID", paraValue)
cryRpt.SetDatabaseLogon(Application.Get("CrystalDBUserID").ToString, Application.Get("CrystalDBPswd").ToString, Application.Get("CrystalDBConn").ToString, Application.Get("CrystalDatabase").ToString)

Try
Dim CrExportOptions As ExportOptions
Dim CrDiskFileDestinationOptions As New DiskFileDestinationOptions()
Dim CrFormatTypeOptions As New PdfRtfWordFormatOptions()
CrDiskFileDestinationOptions.DiskFileName = v_strFilePath
CrExportOptions = cryRpt.ExportOptions
With CrExportOptions
.ExportDestinationType = ExportDestinationType.DiskFile
.ExportFormatType = ExportFormatType.PortableDocFormat
.DestinationOptions = CrDiskFileDestinationOptions
.FormatOptions = CrFormatTypeOptions
End With
cryRpt.Export()
Catch ex As System.Exception
Me.lblErrMsg.Text = ex.ToString
Return False
End Try

I've point my development machine to the deployment server database by changing in the web.config. everything works fine locally with remote database server. somehow, the application just wouldn't be able to run at the deployment server & it produces the following error:

CrystalDecisions.CrystalReports.Engine.LogOnException: Logon failed. Details: ADO Error Code: 0x Source: Provider Description: Multiple-step OLE DB operation generated errors. Check each OLE DB status value, if available. No work was done. Native Error: Error in File C:\WINDOWS\TEMP\rptQuotation {08D9A090-4B6C-4FEB-B919-E3FE3FDD0DB3}.rpt: Unable to connect: incorrect log on parameters. ---> System.Runtime.InteropServices.COMException (0x8004100F): Logon failed. Details: ADO Error Code: 0x Source: Provider Description: Multiple-step OLE DB operation generated errors. Check each OLE DB status value, if available. No work was done. Native Error: Error in File C:\WINDOWS\TEMP\rptQuotation {08D9A090-4B6C-4FEB-B919-E3FE3FDD0DB3}.rpt: Unable to connect: incorrect log on parameters. at CrystalDecisions.ReportAppServer.Controllers.ReportSourceClass.Export(ExportOptions pExportOptions, RequestContext pRequestContext) at CrystalDecisions.ReportSource.EromReportSourceBase.ExportToStream(ExportRequestContext reqContext) --- End of inner exception stack trace --- at CrystalDecisions.ReportAppServer.ConvertDotNetToErom.ThrowDotNetException(Exception e) at CrystalDecisions.ReportSource.EromReportSourceBase.ExportToStream(ExportRequestContext reqContext) at CrystalDecisions.CrystalReports.Engine.FormatEngine.ExportToStream(ExportRequestContext reqContext) at CrystalDecisions.CrystalReports.Engine.FormatEngine.Export(ExportRequestContext reqContext) at CrystalDecisions.CrystalReports.Engine.FormatEngine.Export() at CrystalDecisions.CrystalReports.Engine.ReportDocument.Export() at Quotation_Management_Quotation_Edit.fncGenerateReport(String v_strQuotationUID, String v_strFilePath) in C:\Inetpub\wwwroot\CAS\HR_Quotation\Management\Quotation_Edit.aspx.vb:line 341

I've since granted the full permission to the following user:
a) ASPNet
b) NetworkService
c) IUSR_Machine
to the following folders:
1) c:\windows\temp
2) C:\Inetpub\wwwroot\CAS\HR_Quotation\Upload (my output folder)

tried even granted the everyone access rights to these folders but all still posses the same error after I've keyed in the IISReset.

any clue? please help.