A little description about my environment: DevCpp 4.9.9.2 with OpenCV 2.3.1 on Windows Vista Home Premium SP1 32-bit

About my project - my project's .dev (FirstCVproj.dev) file is in c:...\Desktop\proj\openCV\ and the program i'm trying to compile "facedetect.cpp" is in c:\opencv\samples\c

The OpenCV compiler configuration in the tools->compilers in DevCpp is:

Compiler commands

-L"C:\opencv\build\x86\mingw\lib" -llibopencv_core231 -llibopencv_imgproc231 -llibopencv_calib3d231 -llibopencv_video231 -llibopencv_features2d231 -llibopencv_ml231 -llibopencv_highgui231 -llibopencv_objdetect231 -llibopencv_contrib231 -llibopencv_legacy231 -llibopencv_flann231
Linker commands

-llibopencv_core231 -llibopencv_imgproc231 -llibopencv_calib3d231 -llibopencv_video231 -llibopencv_features2d231 -llibopencv_ml231 -llibopencv_highgui231 -llibopencv_objdetect231 -llibopencv_contrib231 -llibopencv_legacy231 -llibopencv_flann231
Libraries directory: opencv\build\x86\mingw\lib

Binaries directory: opencv\build\x86\mingw\bin

Include directories: all the include folders in opencv folder (under the \build and the main folder)

So before I decided to post here, i was having the problems stated here and in that order:

libgcc_s_dw2_1.dll not found. Try reinstalling the application

Program can't find libgcc_s_dw2-1.dll

libstdc++-6.dll not found. Try reinstalling the application libstdc++-6.dll not found

Because using -static or -static-libgcc or -static-libstdc++ in linker command line options box did not work for me, i copied the first dll file to my project directory from some other directory in my system where i found it (and nowhere in mingw32 folder in C:\DevCpp) and downloaded the second one off the net, my project stopped giving run-time errors like "FirsCVProj has stopped working. Contact the application vendor for support" or ".dll was not found"

But it became worse, because at runtime, i did see the command output window of the program i was compiling in my project, but that just appeared for like a fraction of a second!

I rebuild the whole thing a couple of times, but then remembering Einstein's quote "Repeating the same thing and expecting a different output is insanity" i stopped.. That's where you guys come in. Here's the compilation log from which i can't help wondering why the files aren't linking.

Compiler: OpenCV
Building Makefile: "C:\Users\ronnieaka\Desktop\PROJ\openCV\Makefile.win"
Executing make clean
rm -f ../../../../../opencv/samples/c/facedetect.o FirstCVproj.exe
g++.exe -c ../../../../../opencv/samples/c/facedetect.cpp -o ../../../../../opencv/samples/c/facedetect.o -I"lib/gcc/mingw32/3.4.2/include" -I"include/c++/3.4.2/backward" -I"include/c++/3.4.2/mingw32" -I"include/c++/3.4.2" -I"include" -I"C:/opencv/include" -I"C:/opencv/include/opencv" -I"C:/opencv/include/opencv2" -I"C:/opencv/build/include" -I"C:/opencv/build/include/opencv" -I"C:/opencv/build/include/opencv2" -L"C:\opencv\build\x86\mingw\lib" -llibopencv_core231 -llibopencv_imgproc231 -llibopencv_calib3d231 -llibopencv_video231 -llibopencv_features2d231 -llibopencv_ml231 -llibopencv_highgui231 -llibopencv_objdetect231 -llibopencv_contrib231 -llibopencv_legacy231 -llibopencv_flann231
g++.exe: -llibopencv_core231: linker input file unused because linking not done
g++.exe: -llibopencv_imgproc231: linker input file unused because linking not done
g++.exe: -llibopencv_calib3d231: linker input file unused because linking not done
g++.exe: -llibopencv_video231: linker input file unused because linking not done
g++.exe: -llibopencv_features2d231: linker input file unused because linking not done
g++.exe: -llibopencv_ml231: linker input file unused because linking not done
g++.exe: -llibopencv_highgui231: linker input file unused because linking not done
g++.exe: -llibopencv_objdetect231: linker input file unused because linking not done
g++.exe: -llibopencv_contrib231: linker input file unused because linking not done
g++.exe: -llibopencv_legacy231: linker input file unused because linking not done
g++.exe: -llibopencv_flann231: linker input file unused because linking not done
g++.exe ../../../../../opencv/samples/c/facedetect.o -o "FirstCVproj.exe" -L"lib" -L"C:/opencv/build/x86/mingw/lib" -llibopencv_core231 -llibopencv_imgproc231 -llibopencv_calib3d231 -llibopencv_video231 -llibopencv_features2d231 -llibopencv_ml231 -llibopencv_highgui231 -llibopencv_objdetect231 -llibopencv_contrib231 -llibopencv_legacy231 -llibopencv_flann231
Execution terminated
Compilation successful

i also tried opencv\samples\c\mushroom.cpp and i got the output window in which the details of the program were printed, about its author etc, but then i got the windows message: "FirstCVproj has stopped working"