CodeGuru Home VC++ / MFC / C++ .NET / C# Visual Basic VB Forums Developer.com

Directory maker batch

Please bear with me as I am fairly new to all programming, much less batch.
    I was looking at the different commands available for the batch language and came across the "dir" command. I then began to form a program that takes user input to save a list of files within a requested folder, with a few quick access codes so to speak.

Every time it finds something invalid, i.e. requesting the file "asdfgh" instead of "C:\Program Files\asdfgh" the program shuts down. How do i give an error message and make it loop back to the beginning of the script instead of terminating. i will attach my batch code. i've been using notepad++ for my programming.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Re: Directory maker batch

I've mad some modifications to this program mostly cosmetic, but I also make "Shortcut" commands. I will attach the updated batch. I am still having trouble with it shutting down when the user inputs something the program doesn't like. I've noticed in particular, if i type the file path for "Program Files" or "Downloads" the program will terminate but if I use a "goto" command that opens to that directory, it works just fine... any help would be appreciated, I'm just trying to learn as much as I can.
    Attached Files Attached Files