Hello,

I am very new to SQL and do not understand as much about the language as I had hoped I would after a couple months of looking at it. I am creating a procedure database for work where we store word documents of procedures in a folder and use that to populate our database. I've been getting connection errors because I didn't realize I was trying to use the server.CreateObject command with an Apache DB and then using the connection string with an SQL Server DB. I am using SQL Server 2008 and I just ahd no idea why it wasn't connecting because I had been googling most errors.

A co-worker referred me to this site saying that I would be able to get good advice here. If anybody can reply with some samples SQL Server 2008 connection scripts, that would be great. I want to also mention that I am using VB .NET 4.0 Framework.

I'd like to stress again that I am a beginner in this programming fashion and would like to know. If any part of my questions aren't clear to you, please let me know so I can figure out what you're asking to help me get a better grasp. Thanks!