CodeGuru Home VC++ / MFC / C++ .NET / C# Visual Basic VB Forums Developer.com

Developing a GO Game

I am stuck on the development of my GO game, I am trying to display stones on the intersections of a 19x19 grid, I have an array that represents the board but I don't know what else to do.

Re: Developing a GO Game

That's a very vague description of your situation. Please state exactly what you want help with. Is it how to draw this on screen, how to start the game etc etc?
    Posting code? Use code tags like this: [code]...Your code here...[/code]
    Click here for examples of Java Code

Quote Originally Posted by keang View Post
    That's a very vague description of your situation. Please state exactly what you want help with. Is it how to draw this on screen, how to start the game etc etc?
    I have many questions:
    - How do I draw stones on the intersections of the grid
    - How do I capture pieces
    - How do I evaluate positions on the grid so that they can be used for my AI
    - How do I make AI using minimax algorithm + alpha beta pruning to implement into my game

I know these are a lot of questions but I'm more than willing to learn. I know how the minimax alogrithm and alpha beta pruning works.

Quote Originally Posted by keang View Post
    I want to be able to place a stone at the intersection of a grid when it is clicked on using the mouse. Also I want functionality to capture stones like you would in GO.