CodeGuru Home VC++ / MFC / C++ .NET / C# Visual Basic VB Forums Developer.com

Post Accesing a computer using ip addres and port

I have a big curiosity since I started to learn windows programming.Is it actually possible to enter in a computer without using a server ?

Most of people say yes,and my response is: HOW?

I mean if I got the ip and a port,what's next?

I would prefer a method that actually involves real programming(many people use telnet,or apps that are made by others).

I tought using winsock,but from what I know you can't really...cause you need client-server.

Can anybody give me a real solution(that ofcourse involves real programming)?

Re: Accesing a computer using ip addres and port

Is it actually possible to enter in a computer without using a server ?
    What 'enter in a computer' is? What 'using a server' is?
    Best regards,
    Igor

enter in a computer for me = possibility to send a file to that computer,and after that execute it(on that computer) that's all..l

And with using a server I ment that winsock requires a client + server to change data between two computers,so that's not a way to do this.

I just need to send a file to a computer and make that computer execute that file,using only the ip addres and a port.

I just need to send a file to a computer and make that computer execute that file,using only the ip addres and a port.
    No way. Sorry, but you are never able to do this kind of thing without an agent program running on the target host and granted with rights sufficient for launching your copied bits. Telnet, rconsole, ssh are the samples of such type of programs that let you launch some remote process. BTW, they are server programs, exactly in terms you described.

Most of people say yes,and my response is: HOW?
    You have to address this question to the people who told you that. But sorry again, those people are either not competent enough in computer security issues or just answered some different question.
    Last edited by Igor Vartanov; February 5th, 2012 at 04:30 PM.
    Best regards,
    Igor