CodeGuru Home VC++ / MFC / C++ .NET / C# Visual Basic VB Forums Developer.com

Search file by file size

Hello,
    I have little experience with VB and I need to create this little application which I am sure you can help me with.

If any of you think that can do this I will be glad to pay for the job (please email me for further agreement)

Anyway this is what I would like to do:
    1) I need to find a file in one of the java/cache's subdir ( C:\Users\%username%\AppData\LocalLow\Sun\Java\Deployment\cache\6.0) there are about 60 and I need to perform the search in all of them, because this file can be anywhere

The problem is I don't know the file name as it changes everytime but I only know its size which is always the same (3.763.674 byte). The good thing is that only 1 file will match that size in all subdirs.

Once I find the file, I need to rename it from x to x.zip then I add some files to its zipped archive and the I need to rename it back from x.zip to x

Pleas let me know if any of you can help or is able to do this task for me as a professional job.

Thanks

Re: Search file by file size

I'll do it for you for US $10, 000, 000.00

Actually I was thinking that it's much easier than that: i only need to find the filename based on its filesize and then just replace this file with another one that I provide (keeping the name of the found file)

I'll do it for less.

should this not be under JOBS..
    Articles VB6 : Break the 2G limit - Animation 1, 2 VB.NET : 2005/8 : Moving Images , Animation 1 , 2 , 3 , User Controls
    WPF Articles : 3D Animation 1 , 2 , 3
    Code snips: VB6 Hex Edit, IP Chat, Copy Prot., Crop, Zoom : .NET IP Chat (V4), Adv. ContextMenus, click Hotspot, Scroll Controls
    Find me in ASP.NET., VB6., VB.NET , Writing Articles, My Genealogy, Forum
    All VS.NET: posts refer to VS.NET 2008 (Pro) unless otherwise stated.

OK, How about 10, 000, 000.00 Zimbabwean dollars? Does that sound better?

Seriously, usually these types of requests belong in the Open Jobs section, I will move it there now, if you'd like. Otherwise, if you already have some code that you have attempted, show us, and we will gladly assist you where we can

It will be ok to post it in the open jobs . Thanks