CodeGuru Home VC++ / MFC / C++ .NET / C# Visual Basic VB Forums Developer.com

probleme lors du lancement de l'executable sur windows server 2008 r2

bonjour,
    je viens par le present solliciter votre aide pour la resoltion d'un probleme auquel je suis confronté. en effet dans mon entreprise nous venons de se procurer un nouveau server sur lequel est installer le systeme d'exploitation windows server 2008 r2. nous avons installer sur ce serveur nos applications qui sont developpées en visual basic 6.0. Ce pendant une seule de ces applications n'arrive pas Ã* se lancer. Le constat qui est fait est que lors de l'execution a travers l'ide visual studio le probleme ne se pose pas et l'application se lance correstement. cependant apres avoir creer l'executable de ce dernier, et en cliquant dessus cela ne marche pas.
    il faut noter qu'au lancement de l'application c'est juste la page de connexion qui est chargée.
    nous avons alors réalisé un autre projet qui ne contient que cette page de connexion et lÃ* nous avons constater que le projet s'execute correctement meme Ã* partir de l'executable.
    je prie donc toutes personnes pouvant m'aider de bien vouloir repondre Ã* cette préoccupation

Re: probleme lors du lancement de l'executable sur windows server 2008 r2

In English please
    Always use [code][/code] tags when posting code.

galicanto, do you understand the following :

Ons praat nie Frans nie. Die meerderheid van ons verstaan ook nie Frans nie, indien dit wel Frans is. Moet asseblief nie in jou moedertaal vrae vra nie. Hierdie forums is Engels want Engels is tog die universiele taal wat almal kan verstaan. Baie dankie.

Translated from Afrikaans ( the above ) to English:

We do not talk French. Most of us do not understand French at all, if it even is French. Please do not ask questions in your mother tongue. These forums ae English because English is the universal language that everyone can understand. Thank you very much.

Do you see now how difficult it would be for an Afrikaans guy like me to help a French person like you, if it wasn't for English?

From the little French I'm still able to master, I understand that an application will run in the IDE but not as an executable.
    I don't know how to say this in French because I don't know all the IT terms.
    It seems the executable has not the same rights as the IDE. Try to run the executable explicitly as Administrator.

thanks for the help. But i have tried to run as administrator, the result is the same; the application don't run at all. please i need another help.

Then, TRANSLATE the first post, and a lot more people will be able to help...
    David

CodeGuru Article: Bound Controls are Evil-VB6
    2013 Samples: MS CODE Samples

CodeGuru Reviewer
    2006 Dell CSP
    2006, 2007 & 2008 MVP Visual Basic
    If your question has been answered satisfactorily, and it has been helpful, then, please, Rate this Post!

Sounds like he has a new server box which needs to run VB6 applications

My suggestion is to first re-install all the VB6 applications so that the VB6 runtimes, ocx's etc get registered properly

Sounds like this may not have been done

I haven't been to French Class for 40 years, and I never was that good at French but how's this for a translation

bonjour,
    je viens par le present solliciter votre aide pour la resoltion d'un probleme auquel je suis confronté

G'day
    I've come to ask your help for the resolution of a problem with which I am confronted.

Thanks for being so polite, most people just tell us what the problem is !

George, have you tried that? Installing *ANYTHING* on Win2K8R2? It's a beast of a different color...
    David

CodeGuru Article: Bound Controls are Evil-VB6
    2013 Samples: MS CODE Samples

CodeGuru Reviewer
    2006 Dell CSP
    2006, 2007 & 2008 MVP Visual Basic
    If your question has been answered satisfactorily, and it has been helpful, then, please, Rate this Post!

see MSDN -- Support for Visual Basic 6.0
    Make note of the following

Supported Runtime Files – Shipping in the OS: Key Visual Basic 6.0 runtime files, used in the majority of application scenarios, are shipping in and supported for the lifetime of Windows Vista, Windows Server 2008, Windows 7, or Windows 8. This lifetime is five years of mainstream support and five years of extended support from the time that a given version of Windows ships.
    This requires special mention...
    Unsupported Runtime Files: Some files have either fallen out of mainstream support or they were never included as a part of the runtime redist (e.g. they were included in \Tools folder on the IDE media to support legacy VB4/VB5 applications or they were 3rd party controls). These files are not supported on Windows; instead they are subject to whatever support agreement applies to the media they were shipped with.
    Then dont forget about X64
    64-Bit Windows
    Visual Basic 6.0 runtime files are 32-bit. These files ship in 64-bit Windows Operating Systems referenced in the table below. 32-bit VB6 applications and components are supported in the WOW emulation environment only. 32-bit components must also be hosted in 32-bit application processes.

The Visual Basic 6.0 IDE has never been offered in a native 64-bit version, nor has the 32-bit IDE been supported on 64-bit Windows. VB6 development on 64-bit Windows or any native architecture other than 32-bit is not and will not be supported.
    Articles VB6 : Break the 2G limit - Animation 1, 2 VB.NET : 2005/8 : Moving Images , Animation 1 , 2 , 3 , User Controls
    WPF Articles : 3D Animation 1 , 2 , 3
    Code snips: VB6 Hex Edit, IP Chat, Copy Prot., Crop, Zoom : .NET IP Chat (V4), Adv. ContextMenus, click Hotspot, Scroll Controls
    Find me in ASP.NET., VB6., VB.NET , Writing Articles, My Genealogy, Forum
    All VS.NET: posts refer to VS.NET 2008 (Pro) unless otherwise stated.