Hey guys hows it going. I am trying to create an application that will interact with an open office calc file or an excel file and delete the named ranges in the file, and then save it. I tried googling C# open office API but I could not find anything that had to do with named ranges. Only some basics on how to write some text in a text file. I can either make it a console app, or a simple windows form, but the goal is essentially the same. To take the file, delete the named ranges, and save it.

I know that interacting with Excel is probably a ton easier, but here is the issue. This is a solution to an issue at my work actually. Open Office files are being saved with name ranges into XLS, (which oo doesnt support), so it crashes when its opened in Excel. So that being said, I do not think that writing code to interact with excel and deleting them through there will work, because it would just crash.

Does any one have any experience with open office api, or have any advice on where to start, or code snippets? Thanks.