CodeGuru Home VC++ / MFC / C++ .NET / C# Visual Basic VB Forums Developer.com

Exclamation ADO 2.8 not working Asynchronously in C++

Hi Guys,

I have some C++ code that is working in Real-Time with a decoder. Its job is to Insert into SQL 2008 R2 and its currently using ADO 2.8 to do it.

However i dont want it to block while doing the Insert, because it holds up other packets arriving from the decoder. So i am trying to convert it to perform its calls Asynchronously, so i can blindly Insert my packets and not wait, which will be faster. Although depending on the speed, it is possible that i may need to Insert a 2nd packet before the 1st one had finished.

I have written some sample code in C# (ADO.NET) and proved that Async mode works, but as i said earlier, the code is already in C++ and i cannot get any sample code (ADO 2.8) to work in Async mode. This is now driving me nuts!! As the docs say that i can do it, but not exactly talk you through how it is done. I think i should be using the ExecuteComplete event but that does not fire?

Please would somebody help me find out what the heck i need to do make some progress on making Async work?

Many many thanks,
    Rich.

Re: ADO 2.8 not working Asynchronously in C++

[subscribing...]