CodeGuru Home VC++ / MFC / C++ .NET / C# Visual Basic VB Forums Developer.com

Documentation SQL Server 2005 Express to connect via internet?

Assuming the computer settings of a SQL Server 2005 Express with the Northwind database, machine No. 2 also install SQL Server 2005 Express database no machine No. 2 is located outside the network, how to configure SQL Server 2005 Express as to machine number 2 shows the Northwind database is the machine number 1? The two machines together via the internet says, anyone have any resources on this problem for you to share, thanks

Re: Documentation SQL Server 2005 Express to connect via internet?

If you are asking can you access a local database from a SQL Server located on a web server then the answer in most cases would be no.

I am however guessing at what you are asking as the way it is worded makes it very difficult to understand.
    Always use [code][/code] tags when posting code.

Quote Originally Posted by DataMiser View Post
    If you are asking can you access a local database from a SQL Server located on a web server then the answer in most cases would be no.

I am however guessing at what you are asking as the way it is worded makes it very difficult to understand.

You say very true I have read through the guidance of Microsoft but not run, and it is this error (see attached), and I want to learn any of you have this problem.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

No I do not have this problem. You should do as the message tells you Verify the name is correct and see if the server is set to allow the type of connection you are attempting.
    Always use [code][/code] tags when posting code.

I have successfully connected. According to Microsoft SQL Server 2005 if the remote data connection over the internet, then SQL Server 2005 will connect a maximum of how many database?