Hi guys,

Right off the bat - I have ZERO java knowledge Did some programming some years back, but bye now it's all long gone. What I'm trying to do is load a java applet to play Settlers of Catan board game. The applet is publicly available and ppl play it just fine AFAIK, but I'm a retard and can't

The project is available here - JSettlers2 - Java Settlers of Catan | Free Games software downloads at SourceForge.net

The instructions are for monkeys - start the server first, then run the client and, if a friend wants to connect to your server, he just needs to know your IP and port number (using the client). But somehow I can't start the server. When I run the dedicated jar file (JSettlersServer), it just.. doesn't do ****. No error messages, no window, no nothing. When I try to load it via command line, I get the following message - "JDBC driver is unavailable: com.mysql.jdbc.Driver" and it just hangs there, I have to break it with CTRL+C. Friends trying to connect get the same message - Server is unavailable, connection refused.

One more thing - I do NOT want nor need a mysql server. According to the instructions, I don't really need it if I don't want to maintain a user db, which I don't. However, I do have PostgreSQL 8.4 installed on my machine.

Anyone has any ideas how I can start this thing?

Thanks!