CodeGuru Home VC++ / MFC / C++ .NET / C# Visual Basic VB Forums Developer.com

Thread: Remote

Remote

Hi,
    I am looking for a remote through which I can control my application. For example, there is a remote when we do presentation in Wiindows Office Powerpoint. Is there any remotes out which we can incorporated in our applications?

Regards,
    ABM

Re: Remote

As you said, the remote for Powerpoint actually can be used by any other application. The thing is that the device is just a special type of keyboard able to send Esc, F5, Page Up, Page Down key presses (the set of keys depends on particular device). In case an app handles the keys, it can be controlled via the remote alright.
    Best regards,
    Igor

Thanks

Igor Vartanov,
    Is there any way I can handle any remote out there for powerpoint presentation. If every remote has different key values, how do i know which keystroke events to handle. I handle keystroke for one remote but if my customer want to go with other remote, i have to rewrite the software just to add their remote. Could you please help me regarding this.

Regards,
    ABM

I handle keystroke for one remote but if my customer want to go with other remote, i have to rewrite the software just to add their remote.
    Your application must provide a way for setup, based on remote type/model, or maybe fully independent key mapping, in this case.
    Best regards,
    Igor