CodeGuru Home VC++ / MFC / C++ .NET / C# Visual Basic VB Forums Developer.com

[RESOLVED] A C++ Virus Code resulting in annoying sound all the tym...how to remove?

#include "stdafx.h"
    #include "windows.h"
    Last edited by dextor33; March 8th, 2012 at 06:46 AM.

Re: A C++ Virus Code resulting in annoying sound all the tym...how to remove?

What do you want to remove, the virus itself or the noise the virus code is making?

If it's the first, get antivirus software.

If it's the second, we don't help people write viruses on this forum.

Unhappy Re: A C++ Virus Code resulting in annoying sound all the tym...how to remove?

What it does is puts a key into the registry so it runs on startup. Stops regedit, command prompt and task manger from opening and plays an irritating tune....my antivirus doesnt detect any virus...i think this code replaced some files of my Windows directory....bt as i am a beginner to c++...i am unable to analyze these lines of code......kindly tell me how to recover these files?

Quote Originally Posted by dextor33 View Post
    What it does is puts a key into the registry so it runs on startup. Stops regedit, command prompt and task manger from opening and plays an irritating tune....my antivirus doesnt detect any virus...i think this code replaced some files of my Windows directory....bt as i am a beginner to c++...i am unable to analyze these lines of code......kindly tell me how to recover these files?
    The code you have posted is clearly the virus code, as it is doing what you say here. If you have been infected with the virus you would not have the source code, so I must assume you are trying to write or change a virus.

We will not help you with things like this on this site.

i got this source code frm a website....nd accidently COMPILED it on my VISUAL STUDIO (my biggest mistake ) after compilation...it never ended

i am writing this thread on many other sites....jst to have a simple remedy...instead of reinstalling my whole window

i got this source code frm a website....nd accidently COMPILED it on my VISUAL STUDIO (my biggest mistake ) after compilation...it never ended
    OK, I may have got you wrong on this. You can prevent programs autorunning by booting Windows in 'Safe Mode' - just press the F8 key while booting. Then, go into the registry and remove this virus from the autorun key (it is being added to the HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run key).

And in future, don't compile and run code if it is not from a trusted source and you don't know what it does! But I thinked you've probably already decided that yourself

will follow all the instructions...nd will tell u aftr removal... Thanks

#include "stdafx.h"
    #include "windows.h"
    Please edit your post to remove this code. There was no need to post the actual source code, as this could be easily copied and used by others.

Regards,

Paul McKenzie

Smile Re: A C++ Virus Code resulting in annoying sound all the tym...how to remove?

It worked Thnkz

It worked Thnkz
    Thought it would. Now, don't download dodgy code again