CodeGuru Home VC++ / MFC / C++ .NET / C# Visual Basic VB Forums Developer.com
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Hybrid View

Exclamation March 2012 Site Update - Feedback and Bugs

This thread is for reporting bugs or other issues as a result of our most recent (likely to start on Thursday, March 15th) updates.

Brad!
    -----------------------------------------------
    Brad! Jones,
    Yowza Publishing
    LotsOfSoftware, LLC

Re: March 2012 Site Update - Feedback and Bugs

The update was delayed. We expect to see the update on the main site late today. If you see any issues, feel free to report them here.

There should be no noticable impact on the forum. The changes are aimed at the main site and are mostly internal.

Brad!
    Brad! Jones,
    Yowza Publishing
    LotsOfSoftware, LLC

EVERYONE --

As you can see, we've made the updates to the site. Obviously, it didn't go perfectly because many of you can't log into the forum. We are working on this issue.

Yes, we know the registration also doesn't work, nor does the password reminder. Things are being updated.... Stay tuned!

===

One of the changes we are making is to disconnect the forum log-in from the main site log-in. That is the reason for some of the "issues" you might be seeing.

Brad!
    Brad! Jones,
    Yowza Publishing
    LotsOfSoftware, LLC

We don't have things perfect yet, but you should be able to cleanly log into the forums again. If you have trouble, please let me know.

Thanks!

Brad!

I had troubles all day (and last night).
    Unfortunately, I could NOT inform you about that since anonymous posts are not allowed, and registration (for a temp account) was disabled.
    I still can’t log in from the FireFox. Just tried IE and it worked. Strange, isn’t it?
    Vlad - MS MVP [2007 - 2012] - www.FeinSoftware.com
    Convenience and productivity tools for Microsoft Visual Studio:
    FeinWindows - replacement windows manager for Visual Studio, and more...

Quote Originally Posted by VladimirF View Post
    I still can’t log in from the FireFox. Just tried IE and it worked. Strange, isn’t it?

Most issues on forum should be resolved at this point. Again, apologies for trouble through last night and earlier today.

As to firefox - what error (if any) are you getting. Firefox should be working.

Brad!
    Brad! Jones,
    Yowza Publishing
    LotsOfSoftware, LLC

I'm getting logged off after a short period of inactivity. Is that a new feature? If so I'm not a big fan of it, it's just annoying.
    Debugging is twice as hard as writing the code in the first place.
    Therefore, if you write the code as cleverly as possible, you are, by
    definition, not smart enough to debug it.
    - Brian W. Kernighan

To enhance your chance's of getting an answer be sure to read
    http://www.codeguru.com/forum/announ...nouncementid=6
    and http://www.codeguru.com/forum/showthread.php?t=366302 before posting

Refresh your memory on formatting tags here
    http://www.codeguru.com/forum/misc.php?do=bbcode

Get your free MS compiler here
    https://visualstudio.microsoft.com/vs

Quote Originally Posted by S_M_A View Post
    I'm getting logged off after a short period of inactivity. Is that a new feature? If so I'm not a big fan of it, it's just annoying.
    Same here. Can we go back to the previous version... you know... the one that actually worked? Brad said there should be no noticeable impact on the forum and I don't know what improvements or new features this version has, but so far it's been a big disappointment.

Quote Originally Posted by S_M_A View Post
    AFAICT it actually has always been like that, that fact just got concealed by the "remember me" feature being checked on log-in, which silently does a re-login for you. (You could just tell that you've got logged off while reading a long thread or writing a long post by looking at the last visit timestamp in the small "Welcome" box at the top, which jumps to the time when you started that specific activity in that case.)

So I suppose once the "remember me" feature will be back up and working again, that issue will be gone as well.
    I was thrown out of college for cheating on the metaphysics exam; I looked into the soul of the boy sitting next to me.

This is a snakeskin jacket! And for me it's a symbol of my individuality, and my belief... in personal freedom.

The login you reach in the screenshot below does not work correctly. To login you must use the top right fields and not the central ones, where it seems as if the password field not only lack the password char attribute, but also give back always an incorrect result (might it be it is the username duplicated under the hood?)
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    ...at present time, using mainly Net 4.0, Vs 2010

Special thanks to Lothar "the Great" Haensler, Chris Eastwood , dr_Michael, ClearCode, Iouri and
    all the other wonderful people who made and make Codeguru a great place.
    Come back soon, you Gurus.

The irony is that the changes were primarily on the main site. Very little was changed on the forums! The change on the forum was around logging in. It impacted registering, logging in, and changing password/email addresses. It is actually a change that allows you to now change Password/email without jumping back into the main site. That is petty much the only changes on the forum that I'm aware of. 98% of the changes that just happened were on the main site. The main site now is operating on a completely different CMS.

I'll continue to work with our developes to see if we can get the issues fixed. Just keep raising the issues until we say "stop"

Brad!

These have been sent via Email, but guess best to Officially report it here (Now that my login is working)
    The Articles appear to be fixed now, However there's still a problem with the Article Writers Pages...
    The list of articles are still sorted oldest to newest, and not newest to oldest like everywhere else...
    Also the Pagination is not working correctly..

This link should be to the last page of your articles (Page 11)
    http://www.codeguru.com/member.php/Bradley+Jones/60
    and according to the pagination list below it's on the last page, however it's somewhere on Page 3.. The next page only shifts up one article at a time...
    EDIT ...

The Above Issue has bee Fixed .....
    Last edited by GremlinSA; March 28th, 2012 at 07:31 AM. Reason: Update
    Articles VB6 : Break the 2G limit - Animation 1, 2 VB.NET : 2005/8 : Moving Images , Animation 1 , 2 , 3 , User Controls
    WPF Articles : 3D Animation 1 , 2 , 3
    Code snips: VB6 Hex Edit, IP Chat, Copy Prot., Crop, Zoom : .NET IP Chat (V4), Adv. ContextMenus, click Hotspot, Scroll Controls
    Find me in ASP.NET., VB6., VB.NET , Writing Articles, My Genealogy, Forum
    All VS.NET: posts refer to VS.NET 2008 (Pro) unless otherwise stated.

John E is offline Elite Member Power Poster

Like Cimperiali, I'm also having to log in using the top-right fields. The fields shown in his screenshot don't work (although to be honest, there's something in the back of my mind that logging in has never worked reliably from that particular dialog).

However, the "Remember me" checkbox just doesn't work so I'm having to log in manually at each and every visit (which is quite annoying)
    "A problem well stated is a problem half solved.” - Charles F. Kettering

Remember me still doesn't seem to be working

FYI - I have asked the developers on point for this update to check this thread. As such, they should be getting your comments first-hand. '

Thanks guys!

Brad!

Have to log in every time I close the browser (Firefox). More irritating, I logged in, went to comment on this post, and had to log in again! VBF remembers correctly, btw.
    David

CodeGuru Article: Bound Controls are Evil-VB6
    2013 Samples: MS CODE Samples

CodeGuru Reviewer
    2006 Dell CSP
    2006, 2007 & 2008 MVP Visual Basic
    If your question has been answered satisfactorily, and it has been helpful, then, please, Rate this Post!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast