CodeGuru Home VC++ / MFC / C++ .NET / C# Visual Basic VB Forums Developer.com

Question Problem with horizontal scroll bar of CListCtrl

Hi,

I have a dialog in my allication and I am creating a list control at run time to it.
    The list control (with report view) have 7 columns, and due to this I am having Horizontal scroll bar visible to view the entire column.
    The problem I am facing is when I have my list control blank (No entries present ) and I try to slide the Horizontal scroll bar from left to right and right to left again and again, the columns are getting invisible 1 by 1 from the left side of the control. and if I do this few more time, all the columns gets invisible the the list is shown as blank without any column or column headers.

Please let me know how can I stop this invisibility or which event handler I need to handle for this.

Thanks in Advance
    Mayank

VictorN is offline Super Moderator Power Poster

Re: Problem with horizontal scroll bar of CListCtrl

Did you by chance double-click on the column borders in the list control header?
    Victor Nijegorodov

Hi VictorN,

No I Didnt clicked anywhere, I am just sliding my scrollbar to and fro. Is it some kind of paint issue? I am not able to identify the problem.

Actually what the problem is when ever I am moving my horizontal scroll bar with my mouse its working file but at any point of time when ever I leave the mouse click the bar is not getting fixed at that particular place, Its(Scroll bar) location getting automatically changed,

Like if I tries to bring my scroll bar to the end of my list to view my last column and releases the click, the bar updates automatically to second last column, then again I have to bring it to the last column, then only it shows.

And this only happens only when my list is empty, If my list have the data then it works perfect.

Please let me know if anyone have any idea about this problem.

Thanks in advance
    Mayank

Please attach here a little demo project which reproduces that behavior.
    Ovidiu
    "When in Rome, do as Romans do."
    My latest articles: https://codexpertro.wordpress.com/