CodeGuru Home VC++ / MFC / C++ .NET / C# Visual Basic VB Forums Developer.com

Reporting on first row of data on table

Alright, so here's the problem and for the life of me I can't figure it out:

Task: Creating a report that lists all of our medically disabled employees. Must be a single line report (i.e. can not group and then list underneath).

Problem: Some employees have more than one disability. This causes them to appear multiple times on the single-line report.

This is the table inside of my program that I am pulling from. This table is for a single employee. Notice how more than one disability is listed: (See bardistable.jpg below)

This is the results of my report when I run it in Crystal: (See reportresults.jpg below)

Somehow, I need to figure out a way to only show the first disability an employee has listed on their table. Like in employee 0077's case, I only want to see disability D02... not D04 and D05 too.

I DID find a solution to this by way of Section Expert > Suppress (No Drill-Down) > previous({hrpersnl.p_empno})={hrpersnl.p_empno}. But I can not use this formula because it causes my first employee to be suppressed for some reason.

Help please?
    Attached Images Attached Images   

Re: Reporting on first row of data on table

try placing the following on the first line of your formula

Code:
    not onfirstrecord;

Re: Reporting on first row of data on table

hi
    I am thinking, what you are looking for, you'd have to redesign your query so it can retrieve data properly.