CodeGuru Home VC++ / MFC / C++ .NET / C# Visual Basic VB Forums Developer.com

Thread: Need Help

Question Need Help

Hi, for my class project i have to find a simple operating system, so i went to planet source code websit and i download
    Jazmyn 32 bit, what im asking is how do make it to an iso file, I tryed to follow the readme file and i dont under sand could you explane to me on how to complier this p;lease

Question need some help on how to complie a c++ project for school

[QUOTE=andrewjrmill825;2062959]Hi, for my class project i have to find a simple operating system, so i went to planet source code websits and i download
    Jazmyn 32 bit, how do i complie, I tryed to follow the readme file and i dont under sand could you explane to me on how to complier this p;lease, and how do i make it to a iso, four i can just put it on my computer.

Re: need some help on how to complie a c++ project for school

[QUOTE=andrewjrmill825;2062962]
    Quote Originally Posted by andrewjrmill825 View Post
    Hi, for my class project i have to find a simple operating system, so i went to planet source code websits and i download
    Jazmyn 32 bit, how do i complie, I tryed to follow the readme file and i dont under sand could you explane to me on how to complier this p;lease, and how do i make it to a iso, four i can just put it on my computer.
    Attached Files Attached Files

GCDEF is offline Elite Member Power Poster

Re: Need Help

What is your Visual C++ question?

It contains makefiles, so you can use make.

Question Re: Need Help

How to compile to iso or floppy drive i, what i realy want is a tutorial on how to compile to iso or floppy drive. because the redmen file dose not make any sents to me. lol

can you tell me how to us the software and makefile please, thanks for your kindness.

GCDEF is offline Elite Member Power Poster

Quote Originally Posted by andrewjrmill825 View Post
    can you tell me how to us the software and makefile please, thanks for your kindness.
    This is a Visual C++ forum. I've been using Visual C++ for over 15 years and I have no idea what you're talking about. I don't know what Jazmyn is and I don't know what compile to iso means. I'm sure I'm not the only one. Whatever they are, I'm pretty sure they don't have anything to do with Visual C++.

Jazmyn_-_A1867433242005.zip is a small operating system all i want to know is how to make it to a file that i can put on cd pr floppy image, this is for my class all i want is to bulid it. thanks for your reply sorry if know one understud me.

I have no experience in this area but the readme file describe exactly, step by step, how you build it and afterwards create a boot floppy.

The steps I would have tried, if I were you, would be to follow the readme to create a boot-floppy. When everything works alright I would have googled for how to make a boot-able iso using that floppy as input.
    Debugging is twice as hard as writing the code in the first place.
    Therefore, if you write the code as cleverly as possible, you are, by
    definition, not smart enough to debug it.
    - Brian W. Kernighan

To enhance your chance's of getting an answer be sure to read
    http://www.codeguru.com/forum/announ...nouncementid=6
    and http://www.codeguru.com/forum/showthread.php?t=366302 before posting

Refresh your memory on formatting tags here
    http://www.codeguru.com/forum/misc.php?do=bbcode

Get your free MS compiler here
    https://visualstudio.microsoft.com/vs