Hello, and sorry if this is not the right place to post.

This is my situation:
I have a serial device connected to the LAN through a TCP/IP-Serial port converter (Datacom ATC-1000). This converter is configured as a telnet server on a static IP address and port, and comm port settings like {1200,N,8,1}.

I am able to communicate with the device from my PC without problems using Eltima Serial to Ethernet Connector 5.0 to create a virtual COM port, and the serial port class of .NET framework.

My problem is: I'd like to skip completely the virtual COM port creation, and communicate directly with the TCP/IP-Serial port converter (and device) using socket programming (with System.Net.Sockets classes). Hyperterminal can do it establishing a TCP/IP (Winsock) connection to the converter.

My question is: will I have communication problems due to baud rate issues ? (the device communicates only at 1200, while the socket classes send data at the maximum speed as possible as I know). If the answer is yes, how can solve the issue ? (for example, how can emulate a baud rate in socket communication ?)

Thank you for your replies.

Massimiliano