Connect only for second time to wifi
CodeGuru Home VC++ / MFC / C++ .NET / C# Visual Basic VB Forums Developer.com

Thread: Connect only for second time to wifi

Connect only for second time to wifi

Hey All,

I have a really strange problem which takes too much time. And I have not enough experience to solve this yet.

As I connect a wifi tool I receive error like this:

....... .....: Unable to connect to the remote server at System.Net.HttpWebRequest.GetResponse()
    at ......

And that all I have an unsuccess connection. My code stops to do any nice thing.

And the second time (as soon as I can do it again) I have not this problem.
    So I receive error when my windows 7 op. s. meets a new wifi tool first time.

However I removed my wifi profile (among the network setting) and I am still not be able reproduce this error. I tried to clear information from the Win 7 registery and I experienced I can make my computer be wrong

Where does win 7 store information what it does not forget? I did a system restore and I was be able to receive that error again (again at only first time). So it stores something somewhere but I do not know where and what exactly.

So my plan is to find how I can reproduce that error (system restore is really slowly and I lose other changes too) and after this I can go ahead to solve the real problem (to make good connection for the first time).

Thanks any help, suggestion.

Before I would forget I use .Net 4.

And if you do not understand something let me know to write more details.

Tamas

Re: Connect only for second time to wifi

try this to clear "information what it does not forget"

Code:
    IPCONFIG /FLUSHDNS
    Articles VB6 : Break the 2G limit - Animation 1, 2 VB.NET : 2005/8 : Moving Images , Animation 1 , 2 , 3 , User Controls
    WPF Articles : 3D Animation 1 , 2 , 3
    Code snips: VB6 Hex Edit, IP Chat, Copy Prot., Crop, Zoom : .NET IP Chat (V4), Adv. ContextMenus, click Hotspot, Scroll Controls
    Find me in ASP.NET., VB6., VB.NET , Writing Articles, My Genealogy, Forum
    All VS.NET: posts refer to VS.NET 2008 (Pro) unless otherwise stated.

Re: Connect only for second time to wifi

Hey, I tried that, but I do not know what is that. I see nothing interesting to use that command.

But during that time I have a conception. Maybe the source of the problem is the dynamic IP. It solves two things.

DHCP client can store data about the success connection. And as I tried to use static IP I was success at the first time.