CodeGuru Home VC++ / MFC / C++ .NET / C# Visual Basic VB Forums Developer.com

sugession neaded for developement of a c++ code for an Embedded system application

Hi, this is my first professional development.

There is a code sample code supplied by the constructer of Philips lpc2194 microcontroller and GCC compiler. I need to add few features in it (few lines of code).

I use Visual studio professional 2010, please tell me how do i use the existing code in the VS, to develop and test. And is it necessary to add the gcc compiler if er how to do do?

Re: sugession neaded for developement of a c++ code for an Embedded system applicatio

Visual Studio will not produce a binary that can be used by a Philips lpc2194 microprocessor.

You can use it to develop the code as long as you make sure that you don't use any Microsoft specific libraries. But when you want to compile for the lpc2194 target you will need to use a different compiler. That can be on a UNIX/Linux machine of through Cygwin on a Windows box.

Personally, I would use Notepad++, sftp to a Linux box and develop the code that way, using the gcc compiler.

This is the wrong forum for that. The correct forum would be:"C++ (Non Visual C++ Issues)"
    "Effective teaching is the essence of leadership..."

"There is no substitute for a carefully thought-out design."

If you have found this post to be useful, please Rate it.