CodeGuru Home VC++ / MFC / C++ .NET / C# Visual Basic VB Forums Developer.com

Solvers for Traveling Salesman Problem and CNC Tool-Path Optimization

As you know the Traveling Salesman Problem and its Variants are very applicable in Path Optimization problems such as CNC tool-path optimization problem. Let's start this topic to discuss TSP algorithm and its applications in Tool-Path Optimization!
    To begin, Here is a link to download a program which is capable of solving TSP and its variants such as: Asymmetric and Symmetric TSP, Generalized TSP (GTSP), Clustered TSP and TSP with Precedence Constraints which uses Lin-Kernighan heuristic method.
    download link:
    http://www(dot)r-azarmehr(dot)com/TSPStudio.zip

Regards...
    Last edited by Cimperiali; April 29th, 2012 at 11:46 PM.

Re: Solvers for Traveling Salesman Problem and CNC Tool-Path Optimization

So, which is your question? Or are you simply asking pepole to download your exe and try it?
    ...at present time, using mainly Net 4.0, Vs 2010

Special thanks to Lothar "the Great" Haensler, Chris Eastwood , dr_Michael, ClearCode, Iouri and
    all the other wonderful people who made and make Codeguru a great place.
    Come back soon, you Gurus.

Quote Originally Posted by Cimperiali View Post
    So, which is your question? Or are you simply asking pepole to download your exe and try it?
    Does it have to be always a question in a topic ? Or, sometimes we need to teach other people the experiences we might have on a topic ? I was going to continue teaching in here about concepts that someone could rarely find it free on the web (about practical optimization in CNC machines and its source codes) and I'm preparing them now!
    As a manager (or his friend) please feel free to delete this topic if you don't find it useful...

Quote Originally Posted by vishay2 View Post
    As you know the Traveling Salesman Problem and its Variants are very applicable in Path Optimization problems such as CNC tool-path optimization problem. Let's start this topic to discuss TSP algorithm and its applications in Tool-Path Optimization!
    To begin, Here is a link to download a program which is capable of solving TSP and its variants such as: Asymmetric and Symmetric TSP, Generalized TSP (GTSP), Clustered TSP and TSP with Precedence Constraints which uses Lin-Kernighan heuristic method.
    download link:
    http://www(dot)r-azarmehr(dot)com/TSPStudio.zip

Regards...
    Hi Vishay2,

I tried this link and was not able to connect. Is there another link I can follow. Also, I am trying to find a good way to solve the ATSP problem inside an asp.net application. Will your code be able to help me?

Steve