CodeGuru Home VC++ / MFC / C++ .NET / C# Visual Basic VB Forums Developer.com
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Ejaz is offline Elite Member Power Poster

Re: how to control pc that access our website

Quote Originally Posted by GremlinSA View Post
    Are You Sure?? check this thread..

If there is excessive Spam, Etc coming from a Specific IP, CG admin do block the IP..

Also on my Forum site i use several methods to block out Spammers and Bandwidth wasters..

But I always do some homework on the IP's before i block them .. Like this one IP i eventually blocked that had a different UserAgent with every visit (even within the same tracking cookie).. Then I also block according to UserAgents ...

Once Your Running and Monitoring your Own WebSite/ WebServer, You'd be surprised by the Amount of Crap out there that tries to Hack, Copy or Crash a website...

And with Public Access Sites (Like CG) you can't simply rely on user access blocking, because they still have 100% access to the site(maybe with out been able to post/ comment), and this still allows people to be malicious on the site.. SQL injection attacks don't require the user to be registered, just that the site accepts his requests..
    These are all reactive counter measures. Someone has to do something against some rules, so that particular person can be analysed for the respective procedure (i.e. being IP banned).

If one has to deal with DoS/DDoS or any other form of attacks, its one thing but here (if I'm not mistaken) the issue is to provide access of a web site to only valid users.

Perhaps the OP can clarify that what exactly he/she wants?

Hello Ejaz,

I would like to know what is digital certificates ? How did it work ? How do I implement in asp.net ?

Quote Originally Posted by xpossupport View Post
    Hello Ejaz,

I would like to know what is digital certificates ? How did it work ? How do I implement in asp.net ?
    Before everything else, Please explain what exactly is your scenario? There might be simpler ways to achieve what you want, but until anyone else knows about the details, they cannot give you the best possible solution.

Hello Ejaz,

My scenario:

User can only access to my website through certain pc only. User cannot access from other pc.

Thank you.

Hello Ejaz,

My scenario:

User can only access to my website through certain pc only. User cannot access from other pc.

Thank you.
    If this is *all* what you need, then you don't need anything fancy at all. You can simply

1. Deploy your website at your LAN (which isn't hard, you must be doing that already in development)
    2. Make sure that the particular machine cannot be accessed from internet (i.e. no public IP)
    3. The one *particular* user or the PC that you want to have the access to the website can be provided the access via VPN (your network guys should do it easily).

Hello Ejaz,

If we want control user on internet, not LAN. Is it possible?

Thank you

If we want control user on internet, not LAN. Is it possible?
    Google for "VPN" or "Virtual Private Network". See how it works and how can it fit in your situation.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12