CodeGuru Home VC++ / MFC / C++ .NET / C# Visual Basic VB Forums Developer.com

VB6 Auto SMS Program for PC to Mobile on an event

Hi, Can any body help me to developed a vb6 programmed for automatic sms generation from pc to mobile phone an event like in case of "fire at home", "power failure", "security break" etc.
    Last edited by jacoteck; June 18th, 2012 at 06:16 AM.

Re: VB6 Auto SMS Program for PC to Mobile on an event

Most SMS Modems can be plugged into a PC, but you need the radio and the service to broadcast out
    David

CodeGuru Article: Bound Controls are Evil-VB6
    2013 Samples: MS CODE Samples

CodeGuru Reviewer
    2006 Dell CSP
    2006, 2007 & 2008 MVP Visual Basic
    If your question has been answered satisfactorily, and it has been helpful, then, please, Rate this Post!

Search this forum.... There have been Several GSM related topics over the years, most of them with code that could help you get started...
    Articles VB6 : Break the 2G limit - Animation 1, 2 VB.NET : 2005/8 : Moving Images , Animation 1 , 2 , 3 , User Controls
    WPF Articles : 3D Animation 1 , 2 , 3
    Code snips: VB6 Hex Edit, IP Chat, Copy Prot., Crop, Zoom : .NET IP Chat (V4), Adv. ContextMenus, click Hotspot, Scroll Controls
    Find me in ASP.NET., VB6., VB.NET , Writing Articles, My Genealogy, Forum
    All VS.NET: posts refer to VS.NET 2008 (Pro) unless otherwise stated.

Quote Originally Posted by dglienna View Post
    Most SMS Modems can be plugged into a PC, but you need the radio and the service to broadcast out
    David Sir,
    I am an engineering student. I want to connect my fire alaem & house security system with my computer to automatic monitor events and inform us through SMS on my mobile phone. Please help us to generate VB6Program code for auto SMS through PC to Mobile on an event.
    Thanking you
    With Regards
    Jacoteck

Quote Originally Posted by GremlinSA View Post
    Search this forum.... There have been Several GSM related topics over the years, most of them with code that could help you get started...
    Dear GremlinSA Sir,
    I have installed an electronic Fair Alarm System and an Electronic House Security System at my house. Both units are provided with an individual electromagnetic relay change over contact for controlling hooter or any other gadgets for safety.

I want to use the change over contact of electro magnetic relay to interface my computer with parallel port to generate an automatic SMS from my computer to my mobile phone.

For this propose, I have already developed a VB6 program as given following and working OK. I am using windows xp as OS with driver file inpout32.dll to be copied in C:\Windows\System32\Inpout32.dll & VB6 as programming language

But I am unable to generate an automatic SMS from my PC to my mobile phone. Kindly help me or modify my program as given following so that I can send an event SMS automatically. This project will also help to other forum members as it is not available on the net.

PROGRAM CODE
    (1) Module1.bas
    ---------------------

Start

'// INPUT
    '//******
    Public Declare Function Inp Lib "inpout32.dll" Alias "Inp32" _
    (ByVal address As Integer) _
    As Integer
    '
    '// OUTPUT
    '//*******
    Public Declare Sub Out Lib "inpout32.dll" Alias "Out32" _
    (ByVal address As Integer, _
    ByVal Value As Integer)
    '//
    ----------------------------------- End Module .bas -------------------------

(2) Form1.frm
    -----------------
    Start

Dim AEPPort As Integer
    Dim AEPData As Integer
    Dim pat
    '
    Sub AEPOut(Data As Integer)
    Out AEPPort, AEPData
    End Sub

Private Sub Timer1_Timer()
    'INPUT PORT
    AEPPort = &H379
    Label1.Caption = Inp(AEPPort)
    Portinput = Label1.Caption
    Code = Portinput - 7
    Label2.Caption = Code
    If Code = 120 Then GoTo SMS else goto QSMS
    SMS:
    Label3.Caption = "Fire In the House Send SMS"

QSMS:
    Label3.Caption = "SMS not send"
    End Sub
    ------------------------------------- End ------------------------------------

Thanking you

With kind regards
    Jacoteck
    Last edited by jacoteck; June 18th, 2012 at 04:49 AM.

Okay .. look at this GSM thread....

What you need is there.....
    Articles VB6 : Break the 2G limit - Animation 1, 2 VB.NET : 2005/8 : Moving Images , Animation 1 , 2 , 3 , User Controls
    Code snips: VB6 Hex Edit, IP Chat, Copy Prot., Crop, Zoom : .NET IP Chat (V4), Adv. ContextMenus, click Hotspot, Scroll Controls

A modem or SMS terminal is the logical choice, as Gremlin has stated and linked you up.
    But I want to mention that another way of sending SMS with VB6 is, to use an internet service. VB6 can be set up easily to send emails.
    There are web services which will transfer incoming email to an SMS and send them to the receipient. This avoids buying an SMS terminal, but you have to pay for the service, too.

Quote Originally Posted by WoF View Post
    A modem or SMS terminal is the logical choice, as Gremlin has stated and linked you up.
    But I want to mention that another way of sending SMS with VB6 is, to use an internet service. VB6 can be set up easily to send emails.
    There are web services which will transfer incoming email to an SMS and send them to the receipient. This avoids buying an SMS terminal, but you have to pay for the service, too.
    Hi,
    Thanks for your advice. I am trying to send auto SMS on an event from my PC to my mobile phone anyhow. No mater it is through GSM modem or it is through Internet. My ultimate goal is to send an auto SMS on an event. I will try to the web services also & pay for this. Kindly provide us the Vb6 code for the same.
    I am also trying other way for achieving my goal & let you know the progress by posting details here. It will be very useful for VB6 programmer & other members of Code Guru. Thanking you once again for your comments & help .

Regards
    Jacoteck

You can get a Google Phone Number, and have it forward to ANY number. Now, you just have to send an email to it to get a SMS to your phone.
    David

CodeGuru Article: Bound Controls are Evil-VB6
    2013 Samples: MS CODE Samples

CodeGuru Reviewer
    2006 Dell CSP
    2006, 2007 & 2008 MVP Visual Basic
    If your question has been answered satisfactorily, and it has been helpful, then, please, Rate this Post!

Quote Originally Posted by jacoteck View Post
    Kindly provide us the Vb6 code for the same.
    Search of CodeGuru returned Many threads.. Here's one..

Quote Originally Posted by jacoteck View Post
    I am also trying other way for achieving my goal & let you know the progress by posting details here. It will be very useful for VB6 programmer & other members of Code Guru.
    Just remember that VB6 is now over to 16 years old, and one day MS will drop support for it in the OS..