queries & issues abt crystal report

1) on system A having windows 2008 sserver OS i am not able to use crystal report with VS 2005
as soon as i try to add crystal report or include the report in the application my application along with VS closes down completely
i tried repair but still the same

but on system B having windows 2003 i am bale to use crystal report but the images/ icons are not functioning or operational when i try to print or export nothing happens though i hsve added the asp_client folder in wwwroot aswell as my application

2)issues with report parameters & logon

Logon failed. Details: crdb_adoplus : Object reference not set to an instance of an object. Error in File {CDE24CC7-73A4-4842-AA8B-D8F552EF97E7}.rpt: Unable to connect: incorrect log on parameters

i am using crystal report in my web application with parameter eventhough i hve passaed parameter value as

if (drpdept.SelectedValue != "")

{

paramField.Name = "dept";

paramDiscreteValue.Value = drpdept.SelectedItem.Text;

paramField.CurrentValues.Add(paramDiscreteValue);

paramFields.Add(paramField);

}

but still itd asking for the value . i get a screen where by it asks me param value

my probelm is when the report is loaded first time all the records will be displayed no parameters will be passed as the query will be select * from table
only if the user selects any value from dropdown then only i need to display records accordingly

using asp.net c# , whts the correct way of using CR in thw web application providing logon info