CodeGuru Home VC++ / MFC / C++ .NET / C# Visual Basic VB Forums Developer.com

Reduce light reflection on image

Hi everyone,

I'm currently programming an application that intends to detects wrinkles on a face picture. So far I've gpt quite good results, except for some parts of the images : these where flash light is reflected on the skin.

So, my question is as follow :
    Is there any way to reduce this light reflection on the skin, without losing information about the wrinkles (i do not want to "delete" wrinkles, just reduce reflection) ?

A typical problematic image i'm facing is attached.

Thanks!
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Re: Reduce light reflection on image

Hi HanneSThEGreaT,

Thanks a lot for your very fast answer .

actually i already played on gimp with contrast, brightness and many things, and i didn't find anything good enough... That's why i think that just adjusting contrast can't be enough for my application :/

I also tried to substract a gaussian blurred (i'm not a native english speaker, don't know if we can say that) image to the original image, but it didn't help a lot. Doeas anyone has an idea of how i dcan do ? thanks a lot !

Quote Originally Posted by DidAus View Post
    Hi HanneSThEGreaT,

Thanks a lot for your very fast answer .

actually i already played on gimp with contrast, brightness and many things, and i didn't find anything good enough... That's why i think that just adjusting contrast can't be enough for my application :/
    Hello again. Sorry for the delay in posting - I am actually quite busy these days, for a change

I have also looked at Gimp. Yes, it's a good product, but it is freeware and definitely not PhotoShop or Fireworks.

The attached image was edited by me in PhotoShop CS 3. IMHO, if PhotoShop cannot fix it, it can not be done. To find a route with code to fix this will not give you better results.

I edited your picture's Contrast and Brightness to produce the attached picture.

What do you think?
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Hi, no worries for the delay, it's all right !!

thanks for the attached picture. Anyway, i've tried it and unfortunately it doesn't change my results, the light reflection is still too high.

I'll do with this kind of images, i'll adapt my code to those! thanks again for your answers HanneS !!