CodeGuru Home VC++ / MFC / C++ .NET / C# Visual Basic VB Forums Developer.com

Thread: vb6

vb6

Error: $(DLLSelfRegisterEX)' Could Not Be Registered -- Setup Installation Problum
    Plz help me out...

Re: vb6

Much more information needed please. Help us help you

Also, a thread title like VB6 is not very descriptive... Everybody in this forum knows it might be an issue concerning VB 6 as this is the VB 6 forum that you have posted in.

Re: vb6

Google is God..

With a quick solution even here on CG..

And here is the full solution..
    If you use the datepicker, this is what Microsoft sugests to solve the problem.

When you run a Setup program created with the Visual Basic 6.0 Package and Deployment Wizard (PDW), the following error message appears:

The file '<TEMP Folder>\Msftqws.pdw\$(DllSelfRegisterEx)' could not be registered because it was not found.
    where <TEMP Folder> is the Windows\Temp folder on Windows 95, Windows 98, and Windows Me or the path to the folder specified by the TEMP environment variable on Windows NT or Windows 2000.

CAUSE
    This problem occurs when distributing the Microsoft Calendar control (MSCal.ocx). The "Register=" line in the dependency file (MSCal.dep) is incorrectly set to $(DLLSelfRegisterEx).

RESOLUTION
    To fix the problem, do the following:

1.. Open the Setup.lst file in a text editor, such as Notepad. Setup.lst is one of the files created for your application setup by the Setup Wizard or PDW.

2.. Find $(DLLSelfRegisterEx). You should see $(DLLSelfRegisterEx) highlighted in the entry for MSCal.ocx.

3.. Change $(DLLSelfRegisterEx) to $(DLLSelfRegister).

4.. Save your changes and close Notepad.

5.. Run the application Setup.exe.

To fix the problem for all setup.exes created with the Setup Wizard and PDW, follow these steps:

1.. Open the MSCal.dep file in a text editor, such as Notepad. You should find MSCal.dep in the same folder as MSCal.ocx, which is normally located in the Windows\System folder on Windows Windows 95, Windows 98, or Windows Me and the Winnt\System32 folder on Windows NT or Windows 2000.

2.. Find $(DLLSelfRegisterEx). You should see $(DLLSelfRegisterEx) highlighted in the entry for "Register=".

3.. Change $(DLLSelfRegisterEx) to $(DLLSelfRegister).

4.. Save your changes and close Notepad.

5.. Run the Setup Wizard or PDW to create a new setup.

NOTE: Do not use an existing template in the Setup Wizard or an existing packaging script in the PDW.
    Articles VB6 : Break the 2G limit - Animation 1, 2 VB.NET : 2005/8 : Moving Images , Animation 1 , 2 , 3 , User Controls
    WPF Articles : 3D Animation 1 , 2 , 3
    Code snips: VB6 Hex Edit, IP Chat, Copy Prot., Crop, Zoom : .NET IP Chat (V4), Adv. ContextMenus, click Hotspot, Scroll Controls
    Find me in ASP.NET., VB6., VB.NET , Writing Articles, My Genealogy, Forum
    All VS.NET: posts refer to VS.NET 2008 (Pro) unless otherwise stated.