Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Re: VB6 and Windows 8

David

CodeGuru Article: Bound Controls are Evil-VB6
    2013 Samples: MS CODE Samples

CodeGuru Reviewer
    2006 Dell CSP
    2006, 2007 & 2008 MVP Visual Basic
    If your question has been answered satisfactorily, and it has been helpful, then, please, Rate this Post!

Question Re: VB6 and Windows 8

Quote Originally Posted by dglienna View Post
    I'm sorry. Perhaps I'm really thick, but I don't know what you want me to do.

If it's your app, show the code. I think the designer used something else, that's all. Many tools do that
    David

CodeGuru Article: Bound Controls are Evil-VB6
    2013 Samples: MS CODE Samples

CodeGuru Reviewer
    2006 Dell CSP
    2006, 2007 & 2008 MVP Visual Basic
    If your question has been answered satisfactorily, and it has been helpful, then, please, Rate this Post!

Arjay is offline Moderator / EX MS MVP Power Poster

Quote Originally Posted by LittleHarry View Post
    I'm sorry. Perhaps I'm really thick, but I don't know what you want me to do.
    The link you have given looks like an advertisement for a CNC application and has nothing to do with code that VB6 developers can use to bring a modern look to VB6.

It's kind of hard not to view it as an advertisement since the name of the site is "Machinist-calculator" of which doesn't readily post the typical code snippets that one would expect to find from a development site.

I would expect to find something on the site like "Use our toolset to make your VB6 applications have that modern look", but this sort of thing seems suspiciously absent.

Angry Re: VB6 and Windows 8

Quote Originally Posted by Arjay View Post
    The link you have given looks like an advertisement for a CNC application and has nothing to do with code that VB6 developers can use to bring a modern look to VB6.

It's kind of hard not to view it as an advertisement since the name of the site is "Machinist-calculator" of which doesn't readily post the typical code snippets that one would expect to find from a development site.

I would expect to find something on the site like "Use our toolset to make your VB6 applications have that modern look", but this sort of thing seems suspiciously absent.
    I was simply responding to George1111's comment:
    "It would be nice to be able to Metro Style a VB6 application, (without rewriting it from scratch)
    Or at least make the application look a little more modern."

I thought it would be helpful to show that VB6 can be used to make modern looking programs. I thought you would appreciate some examples of how I made my application fit the METRO look. I gave the link to my application's screenshot to illustrate my code snippets. I was not trying to advertise my product because it is a niche product for machinists, and I don't expect to make any sales by linking it on this forum.
    I am not trying to sell a "toolset to make your VB6 applications have that modern look" or anything else. I have received help for programming my products from forums such as this one, and I was trying to return the favour.

So if my reward for trying to do good is to be flamed, you can stick your forum where the sun don't shine!

Lets keep it civil, folks. Personally, I don't suspect LittleHarry of wrongdoing. He showed a screenshot as an example and gave some code with explanation. I suppose it might have been less likely to come under scrutiny if he attached the screenshot to his post though. Agreed?
    Please remember to rate the posts and threads that you find useful.
    How can something be both new and improved at the same time?

Arjay is offline Moderator / EX MS MVP Power Poster

Quote Originally Posted by LittleHarry View Post
    I was simply responding to George1111's comment:
    "It would be nice to be able to Metro Style a VB6 application, (without rewriting it from scratch)
    Or at least make the application look a little more modern."

I thought it would be helpful to show that VB6 can be used to make modern looking programs. I thought you would appreciate some examples of how I made my application fit the METRO look. I gave the link to my application's screenshot to illustrate my code snippets. I was not trying to advertise my product because it is a niche product for machinists, and I don't expect to make any sales by linking it on this forum.
    I am not trying to sell a "toolset to make your VB6 applications have that modern look" or anything else. I have received help for programming my products from forums such as this one, and I was trying to return the favour.

So if my reward for trying to do good is to be flamed, you can stick your forum where the sun don't shine!
    I misread your original post. You did in fact explain your approach of using screenshots, but I for some reason was thinking (or hoping??) what you were showing was a VB6 product. At any rate, your product looks very modern - nice job.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12