CodeGuru Home VC++ / MFC / C++ .NET / C# Visual Basic VB Forums Developer.com

Red face Word App: To generate the word doc

Hye guys,

Needing you help.

I want to print out the word document for the information in my database. Basically, I have 1 tables in 1 database.

First table:
    DEFINE_VERIFY_ROOT_CAUSE_FINDINGS (field's name)
    (1)hye(2)zack(3)nick(4)and(5)aaron - in one row

I have no problem to print out the 'word app' for the words/sentence for the first table using :
    .Selection.TypeText Text:=NullReturnTEXT(rst("DEFINE_VERIFY_ROOT_CAUSE_FINDINGS"))

But, im do not know how to print out the sentence separately. eg:
    (1)hye
    (2)zack
    (3)nick
    (4)and
    (5)aaron

Hope u guys could help.

Re: Word App: To generate the word doc

In the event that the string "Hey Zack Nick and Sharon" is in one field (you didn't specify), you could bring the string into a string variable and then use the Replace function to replace the space with vbcrlf:

Code:
    REPLACE(strInStringFromDB," ",vbcrlf)
    If they are in separate fields, you could bring them into the same string and then insert the line feed:

Code:
    strInStringFromDB = rs!Hey & vbcrlf & rs!Zack & vbcrlf & rs!Nick & vbcrlf & rs!and & vbcrlf & rs!Aason
    If it's something more complicated than that, we need more detailed information from you in order to help.

Re: Word App: To generate the word doc

Or you may check this data export(A free edition available): http://www.e-iceblue.com/Introduce/d...net-intro.html It can help you export data from datatable to Word/Excel/PDF in your .NET application.