CodeGuru Home VC++ / MFC / C++ .NET / C# Visual Basic VB Forums Developer.com
Page 11 of 19 FirstFirst ... 891011121314 ... LastLast

Re: New Forum Update

One more....

Submitting a reply sometimes makes a double post... Has happened to me a few times (and i swear i only pressed 'Post Reply' once) But the Response time is long every time this happens..
    Articles VB6 : Break the 2G limit - Animation 1, 2 VB.NET : 2005/8 : Moving Images , Animation 1 , 2 , 3 , User Controls
    WPF Articles : 3D Animation 1 , 2 , 3
    Code snips: VB6 Hex Edit, IP Chat, Copy Prot., Crop, Zoom : .NET IP Chat (V4), Adv. ContextMenus, click Hotspot, Scroll Controls
    Find me in ASP.NET., VB6., VB.NET , Writing Articles, My Genealogy, Forum
    All VS.NET: posts refer to VS.NET 2008 (Pro) unless otherwise stated.

Thanks Gremlin - I"ve noticed a couple of double posts with teh same time stamp as well. It is good to get confirmation that this is a real issue.

Tranks
    -----------------------------------------------
    Brad! Jones,
    Yowza Publishing
    LotsOfSoftware, LLC

GCDEF is offline Elite Member Power Poster

It's been more reliable for me the last few days in that at least it works, but it is still extremely slow compared to other similar forums. Way slower than it used to be.

OMG.. It's been deathly slow today... Takes minutes to load a page (and then still not completely) need to refresh every so often...
    Articles VB6 : Break the 2G limit - Animation 1, 2 VB.NET : 2005/8 : Moving Images , Animation 1 , 2 , 3 , User Controls
    Code snips: VB6 Hex Edit, IP Chat, Copy Prot., Crop, Zoom : .NET IP Chat (V4), Adv. ContextMenus, click Hotspot, Scroll Controls

I'll mention this to the techs. Let's see what they say.

Brad!
    Brad! Jones,
    Yowza Publishing
    LotsOfSoftware, LLC

Quote Originally Posted by Brad Jones View Post
    Thanks Gremlin - I"ve noticed a couple of double posts with teh same time stamp as well. It is good to get confirmation that this is a real issue.

Tranks
    More Info..

On rare occasion after pressing 'Post Quick Reply', I get this message box (Third time now), and every time i get this msgbox there's a dbl post..
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Edited a QUICK REPLY yesterday in the VB6 forum. Came back later, and it was GONE! Replied about it today
    David

CodeGuru Article: Bound Controls are Evil-VB6
    2013 Samples: MS CODE Samples

CodeGuru Reviewer
    2006 Dell CSP
    2006, 2007 & 2008 MVP Visual Basic
    If your question has been answered satisfactorily, and it has been helpful, then, please, Rate this Post!

Brad, I would appreciate if somebody looked at the article and fixed that ugly duplicates in the body. I confirm that the trouble appeared after site upgrade, and previous version showed it fine.
    Best regards,
    Igor

nice job

Quote Originally Posted by Igor Vartanov View Post
    Brad, I would appreciate if somebody looked at the article and fixed that ugly duplicates in the body. I confirm that the trouble appeared after site upgrade, and previous version showed it fine.
    I took a look at the article and forced a refresh. Take a look and see if it looks okay to you now. Make sure you clear any local copy.

Brad!
    Brad! Jones,
    Yowza Publishing
    LotsOfSoftware, LLC

Thanks Brad, now it looks much better, except maybe Downloads section.
    Best regards,
    Igor

I just noticed that almost all threads that have a rating, in every forum section, show only one star ("terrible"): is this a bug, or what? Seems statistically improbable that it just so happens to be the case...
    Also, the "Rate This Thread" dropdown never shows the current rating in the corresponding field (only the tooltip does).

P.S. I noticed that the khaki theme/style is called "Blue Codeguru" (lol) in the style selection dropdown menu at the bottom left; there is another option "vB4 Default Style", which is blue (lol again), and looks pretty awesome and streamlined, so, what do you guys think? It appears that it too has been altered a bit by the edits to this theme (I guess they were done on some master css file, or something), but it ended up looking rather nice!

Quote Originally Posted by TheGreatCthulhu View Post
    I just noticed that almost all threads that have a rating, in every forum section, show only one star ("terrible"): is this a bug, or what? Seems statistically improbable that it just so happens to be the case...
    I have noticed the same some weeks ago. I suspected a bug making all ratings decay to one-star, but when I tested it, I could apply thread ratings as usual. To me that simply looks like someone running around, scattering one-star ratings all over the place, much like Homer Simpson saying "boooring!". (Perhaps I'm somewhat paranoid though...)
    Last edited by Eri523; July 27th, 2012 at 06:26 AM.
    I was thrown out of college for cheating on the metaphysics exam; I looked into the soul of the boy sitting next to me.

This is a snakeskin jacket! And for me it's a symbol of my individuality, and my belief... in personal freedom.

Quote Originally Posted by TheGreatCthulhu View Post
    P.S. I noticed that the khaki theme/style is called "Blue Codeguru" (lol) in the style selection dropdown menu at the bottom left; there is another option "vB4 Default Style", which is blue (lol again), and looks pretty awesome and streamlined, so, what do you guys think?
    Yes, that bluish theme looks much better than "Blue Codeguru". Nevertheless, post section still has that khaki bottom bar unaltered.
    Best regards,
    Igor

Quote Originally Posted by Igor Vartanov View Post
    Yes, that bluish theme looks much better than "Blue Codeguru". Nevertheless, post section still has that khaki bottom bar unaltered.
    But it looks quite OK (at least IMO) - I suppose the khaki color is an accident of some sort, carried over from the other edits, but it doesn't seem out of place, corresponds to the khaki line at the very top of the page, and it nicely addresses the "Rate Post"-related concerns expressed earlier by others - the difference in header and footer colors makes it more obvious which post will be rated.

@Eri523: LOL. Maybe the admins can check this - there's probably a record of the ratings somewhere in the vBulletin control panel. If that's the case, it's one "bug" that's easy to "debug" (insert ominous villainous laughter here).

Page 11 of 19 FirstFirst ... 891011121314 ... LastLast