CodeGuru Home VC++ / MFC / C++ .NET / C# Visual Basic VB Forums Developer.com

How to see STL elements realization

As far as I'm understand we have only access to .h files of elements of STL.
    So other words in MS VC 2010 we haven't opportunity to see exact implementation of elements of STL.
    Could you advice me books , articles , websites where I can find implementation of STL elements or substitute algorithm that do the same thinks like stack from stl

Re: How to see STL elements realization

STL is the "Standard Template Library".

The fact that it is a "Template" means the code is publicly visible in the .h files (Or equivalently extension). You should know that by now. We've told you like 4 times that templates are in .h files.
    Is your question related to IO?
    Read this C++ FAQ article at parashift by Marshall Cline. In particular points 1-6.
    It will explain how to correctly deal with IO, how to validate input, and why you shouldn't count on "while(!in.eof())". And it always makes for excellent reading.

Re: How to see STL elements realization

Quote Originally Posted by monarch_dodra View Post
    STL is the "Standard Template Library".

The fact that it is a "Template" means the code is publicly visible in the .h files (Or equivalently extension). You should know that by now. We've told you like 4 times that templates are in .h files.
    i know what STL is... Why do you thought that I don't know??? because I use words elements ... sorry this is my silly english

I already find how I can take a look for implementation and I dicide that I should first of all start with more easy implementation I buy freeman book and Algorithms in C, Parts 1-4 Fundamentals, Data Structures, Sorting, Searching and start to watch pictures )))