CodeGuru Home VC++ / MFC / C++ .NET / C# Visual Basic VB Forums Developer.com

pulling twitter feeds from htl source to a text document

I have almost no working knowledge of vbscripting, java scripting or anything of the sort, and am simply looking to find out if it is possible or workable to pull data from a url such as;

http://search.twitter.com/search.ato...rch%20stlblues

and place certain text inside of a text document.

the sample text that i would want is any appearances between <title> and </title> (The actual twitter update at the hashtag in question)

the idea would be to set this script to automatically update the text file every 10-15 minutes.

From there i can pull the data out of the text file and use it in our digital signage system during events.

I know that someone prior to me being here wrote a simply program to find lottery numbers from this website;

http://www.ialottery.com/Powerball.xml

and from this they only grabbed the first two digits from the jackpot numbers, so i have that programming i could start working from.

any help that anyone could provide would be greatly appreciated.

Re: pulling twitter feeds from htl source to a text document

That is screen scraping, which is against the AUP and most websites. Twitter has an API that you can use, legally. Contact their development center.
    David

CodeGuru Article: Bound Controls are Evil-VB6
    2013 Samples: MS CODE Samples

CodeGuru Reviewer
    2006 Dell CSP
    2006, 2007 & 2008 MVP Visual Basic
    If your question has been answered satisfactorily, and it has been helpful, then, please, Rate this Post!