CodeGuru Home VC++ / MFC / C++ .NET / C# Visual Basic VB Forums Developer.com

Import Complex XML files into SQL Server

I am SQL Developer and new to C# programming. Got a chance to learn C# to accomplish a task. Here it is-

I have about 5000 complex XML files needo extract the fileds and load into SQL Server 2008R2. I tried it to do it in my area(SQL & SSIS) but not achieved because of complex in structure. XML sourece in SSIS can't handle the files. My lead suggested me to do using VB or C# coding. Fileds i need are not under same node and Path in all files.

Can anyone please tell me how to extract data from XML and store into SQL. Any material/links to get overview about classes and methods related to XML and SQl are appreciated.

Thanks in Advance!
    Kumar

Re: Import Complex XML files into SQL Server

Kumar,

Parsing XML and executing SQL is relatively easy using C-sharp; what you're thinking of could probably be accomplished with a couple hundred lines of code or maybe much less depending on your logic. But your question is far too vague. You might try "parse XML using c-sharp" and "insert data into SQL" searches on Google. If you have specific questions about something, then this is your place. Sounds like you need someone to write an app for you unless you want to learn the language yourself. I might suggest some of the "Guru" type sites out there where you could hire a programmer to do what you need for a relatively small fee. Good luck!