CodeGuru Home VC++ / MFC / C++ .NET / C# Visual Basic VB Forums Developer.com

Quick Update from the Gremlin .....

I know not been around for a while, With the Slowness of the site, and Heavy work load at the new job, I just don't have to time to fight with DB errors and Slow page loads...

Well, work has really been a real eye opener on what I've been missing out on... Working on micro controllers, and getting into C again (after almost 20 years in VB)..

This is the current project I'm on...

The most i can say is that it's a electronic water meter with a Data radio, so that readings, etc can be done remotely..

And now this coming week I'll be in Windhoek - Namibia, meeting with the Council Stakeholders, to cover the upgrade of their water meters.

Not much more to add at this time, But always checking back in....
    Articles VB6 : Break the 2G limit - Animation 1, 2 VB.NET : 2005/8 : Moving Images , Animation 1 , 2 , 3 , User Controls
    WPF Articles : 3D Animation 1 , 2 , 3
    Code snips: VB6 Hex Edit, IP Chat, Copy Prot., Crop, Zoom : .NET IP Chat (V4), Adv. ContextMenus, click Hotspot, Scroll Controls
    Find me in ASP.NET., VB6., VB.NET , Writing Articles, My Genealogy, Forum
    All VS.NET: posts refer to VS.NET 2008 (Pro) unless otherwise stated.

Re: Quick Update from the Gremlin .....

Well here for 24 hours, and already feel like a local... everything run's on Africa time here.. (anything from a hour or more later than arranged)

For those that are interested in following what i'm up to, i've been Journaling it on my site.. Now rather than spending time reposting it all here. Go have a read on this page..

(PS: the site feels a little better today)..
    Articles VB6 : Break the 2G limit - Animation 1, 2 VB.NET : 2005/8 : Moving Images , Animation 1 , 2 , 3 , User Controls
    Code snips: VB6 Hex Edit, IP Chat, Copy Prot., Crop, Zoom : .NET IP Chat (V4), Adv. ContextMenus, click Hotspot, Scroll Controls

Sounds like a very interesting project
    Marc Gregoire - NuonSoft (http://www.nuonsoft.com)
    My Blog
    Wallpaper Cycler 3.5.0.97

Author of Professional C++, 4th Edition by Wiley/Wrox (includes C++17 features)
    ISBN: 978-1-119-42130-6
    [ http://www.facebook.com/professionalcpp ]

That is awesome bro! I love your airplane photo's!

Kewl! I like this sort of small hardware-centric projects. Have done a few of those myself, but that's quite some time ago, so there probably is some considerable technological difference.

What's the blue bit in the upper right corner of the circuit board? The label "ANT1" suggests it's some sort of antenna, but I've never seen one like that.

Will see when I find the time to visit your site (am rather busy currently myself too). You're the guy with the R5 project, aren't you?
    I was thrown out of college for cheating on the metaphysics exam; I looked into the soul of the boy sitting next to me.

This is a snakeskin jacket! And for me it's a symbol of my individuality, and my belief... in personal freedom.

Quote Originally Posted by Eri523 View Post
    What's the blue bit in the upper right corner of the circuit board? The label "ANT1" suggests it's some sort of antenna, but I've never seen one like that.
    Yup ... That's an Antenna, Its a Rainsun surface mount Chip antenna, tuned to 868mhz...

Quote Originally Posted by Eri523 View Post
    Will see when I find the time to visit your site (am rather busy currently myself too). You're the guy with the R5 project, aren't you?
    Yup again.. that's me, the guy with half a dozen funny projects on the go...

The trip to Windhoek went very very well, the system's upgrade went off without a hitch..
    And the dozen meetings, and seminars I had to present, went well too. One thing i must say, it's a beautiful country, with allot of history, that they trying to keep alive..

Lots of old museums, and old time displays.. I took about 200 pics of only a fraction of what there is, and soon it will be posted up on my site...(once i sort it out)..