CodeGuru Home VC++ / MFC / C++ .NET / C# Visual Basic VB Forums Developer.com

Business plan to work at home

I have always thought about opening a small business at home as my retiring plan (I am in my 30's). By retiring, I would mean to not join any companies anymore and would like to run the business on my own.
    But whatever sort of businesses I thought up are either failed from or already fully filled the market. Otherwise, I always fear that I may go to jail after a while running a business from government loans without being able to pay my debt because there are no customers in years long.
    Seriously,is it because I am truly lazy or because of something else as my personality or characters that I sometimes think I "don't want to go to work for someone else anymore". How does working at home earn me money ?
    My current salary in a company X is around, for example, $100; if I can make $60-90 with home work, then I may rethink to quit the X, 10 to 40 bucks are X's constraint fee.
    Please help me think up a plan.

Re: Business plan to work at home

Oops, work at home ? it takes more time than at workplace. My part, sorry I am thinking about the quit because I don't like to work OT without receiving any OT payment.
    Working on holidays, Sat and Sun should be paid double or thrice the regular working day price, and working duration must be at most only 8 hour work/day. Several local companies in my area have allowed workers to work only 7 or 7 1/2 already, and I can't enter any because they are mainly for backdoor hookers or directors's relatives.

OT salary=OT time*hourly based salary*2 (at least double the hourly based salary)

There should also be 13th and 14th salaries for all employees,

Hi there, today I had a zoology class, and we went to the zoo, and received lectures about penguins. In my local zoo, a Northern Canadian Penguin mated with my local Southern Aussie breed and they are going to have a baby soon a few months later . Cool news, huh!~
    Last edited by thefollower; August 8th, 2012 at 07:31 AM.

It is funny that you think working at home (on your own) will solve your problem of being under-compensated. When you run your own business, you have to do paperwork, taxes, accounting, invoicing, advertising/client relations, and so many other things you do not have to do when you work for a company. You will certainly find yourself working *harder* and working more non-paid hours than if you stayed with a company. Starting your own business because you want to work less than you would for a company in the same job is a silly notion and one guaranteed to fail. If you do not like working extra hours, then do NOT start your own business. My advice would be to find a lower paying job that does not require extra hours.

Quote Originally Posted by thefollower View Post
    Oops, work at home ? it takes more time than at workplace. My part, sorry I am thinking about the quit because I don't like to work OT without receiving any OT payment.
    Working on holidays, Sat and Sun should be paid double or thrice the regular working day price, and working duration must be at most only 8 hour work/day. Several local companies in my area have allowed workers to work only 7 or 7 1/2 already, and I can't enter any because they are mainly for backdoor hookers or directors's relatives.

OT salary=OT time*hourly based salary*2 (at least double the hourly based salary)

There should also be 13th and 14th salaries for all employees,

Hi there, today I had a zoology class, and we went to the zoo, and received lectures about penguins. In my local zoo, a Northern Canadian Penguin mated with my local Southern Aussie breed and they are going to have a baby soon a few months later . Cool news, huh!~
    Interesting! A fact is that, as a general director, if I want to hire someone to work for me and pay him/her $X per month which is $12X per year, I must get back from his/her work nearly 3/2 of that amount as my revenue/one employee which is $18X... whatever working style a company follows, laborers "die" of the same cause. Staying home, making love and watching tv seem better better anyways.

Ok my turn to talk about my story. The main reason one of my colleagues was fired was not about the quality of her work, she was first supposed to be hired for to work the Chinese company that acts as my company's customer. Hard to understand ? My area is growing with different types of business, one of which is the human resources rental service providing business. My company will hire someone at a price $1000 for example but they will charge any company which needs that guy $2000 or more, yet to mention that the latter has to pay other stuff when they land into our large office. Is my company really an IT company ? Not really, it provides services to run systems of restaurants nationwide.
    Back to my story, after my company accepted her and would want her do some tasks during her probationary period, the Chinese side refused to employ her but didn't let her know directly. My bosses had to wait until she finished what they assigned to her before having to offer such a seemingly nice excuse as she didn't do her job well to kick her out of their door. There is no way that her skills were lower than an IT manager of 2x years old who acted really like a baby boy and self-claimed to have been graduated from Oklahoma State University (chuckle) on his facebook page.
    What a sudden death!
    Last edited by Ledidas; September 26th, 2012 at 01:35 PM.

It sounds to me as though being fired from the current job was something really serious in one's career life. Uh oh... it is actually important to me too if that job is the one and only I can't live without.
    What I badly need is a good health and motivation to move on after each event I experience in life. Life is short. Cheers!

It sounds to me as though being fired from the current job was something really serious in one's career life. Uh oh... it is actually important to me too if that job is the one and only I can't live without. This makes me wonder if you would want to be around with someone who has changed his or her jobs 30 times/year. I would love to know what you do actually think about him or her.
    Personally what I badly need is a good health and motivation to move on after each event I experience in life. Life is short. Cheers!

Quote Originally Posted by Ledidas View Post
    Seriously,is it because I am truly lazy or because of something else as my personality or characters that I sometimes think I "don't want to go to work for someone else anymore". How does working at home earn me money ?
    Best is to first amass capital enougth to sustains you for life at the standard of living you want. Then if you still work for a salary you do that primarily because you like the job, not because you have to. If you rather stay home doing what you feel like you do that instead.

Historically this idea of paid work as the most desirable source of income is quite young actually. Even today many realize it's just a slightly disguised form of slavery. Do you have a choise? Well most people don't so they're forced labour, right! Being a free spirit of independent means beats that big time.

Today amateur has a negative ring to it. Professional is what you wan't to be. But it wasn't long ago the opposite was true. Being amateur pursuing ones own interests out of conviction was admired. Working for others on assigned tasks for money was frowned upon. And this sentiment still lingers in the collective conciousness; The words professional and prostitute are sometimes used interchangibly.

My own strategy was always to become economically independent as early as possible and leave the work force. But that's not for everyone, freedom can be lonely. Being employed has its merits I admit that. If not for the money at least for the sense of belonging and to be seen. Maybe there are ways to liberate oneself by playing along rather than dropping out,

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/074...=ATVPDKIKX0DER
    Last edited by nuzzle; October 1st, 2012 at 03:46 AM.

One of the best things you can do for yourself before you start your business is to sit down and write your business plan.

Many people who want to start a home business ask if they really NEED a business plan, to which I ask if they really NEED to start a home business.

Writing a business plan for your home based business should be considered essential for many reasons, the most obvious of which is that a business plan is required if you are going to seek funding.

A business plan will also help you gain focus and think through each aspect of your business. It will also help you remain focused when you get discouraged or feel overwhelmed. You can figure out how to deal with possible problems before they occur.

Business plans will vary widely, depending upon what type of business you have, so what may work well for one business may not be suitable for another.

Your business plan doesn't have to be very long, but does have to present you and your business, goals - both short and long term, intentions, and detailed information about your business, in the very best possible light.