CodeGuru Home VC++ / MFC / C++ .NET / C# Visual Basic VB Forums Developer.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Post Quick Reply problem

Many times (not not always??) when I post reply to a post (which is what I do 99% of the time) I get the following message:

Name:  codeguruerror.png
Views: 2086
Size:  26.7 KB

After pressing Leave this Page the post gets published.

I should mention I use Chrome and I've seen this http://productforums.google.com/foru...me/lBsLPAB6XVY, but I only get this problem with Codeguru (and I'm using this Quick Post feature on other sites too).
    Marius Bancila
    Home Page
    My CodeGuru articles

I do not offer technical support via PM or e-mail. Please use vbBulletin codes.

VictorN is offline Super Moderator Power Poster

Re: Post Quick Reply problem

Marius, this problem is known at least two months. But it is still ignored by CG "developers" and admins...
    Victor Nijegorodov

AND... If you click the other button your post is duplicated....( No jokes)...

I'm almost sure it has to do with the Auto save kicking in after posting, and it thinks your navigating away... have you noticed that this mostly happens when it take a bit of time for CG to respond to your reply posting...
    Articles VB6 : Break the 2G limit - Animation 1, 2 VB.NET : 2005/8 : Moving Images , Animation 1 , 2 , 3 , User Controls
    WPF Articles : 3D Animation 1 , 2 , 3
    Code snips: VB6 Hex Edit, IP Chat, Copy Prot., Crop, Zoom : .NET IP Chat (V4), Adv. ContextMenus, click Hotspot, Scroll Controls
    Find me in ASP.NET., VB6., VB.NET , Writing Articles, My Genealogy, Forum
    All VS.NET: posts refer to VS.NET 2008 (Pro) unless otherwise stated.

Hmm found it eventually ...

Exactly the same problem was reported here ...
    Articles VB6 : Break the 2G limit - Animation 1, 2 VB.NET : 2005/8 : Moving Images , Animation 1 , 2 , 3 , User Controls
    Code snips: VB6 Hex Edit, IP Chat, Copy Prot., Crop, Zoom : .NET IP Chat (V4), Adv. ContextMenus, click Hotspot, Scroll Controls

Sorry, didn't want to spam it, but that thread is already too big and things gets lost. Didn't see it there, and anyways, I think different discussion threads for different problems are more suitable that a single, big one.
    Marius Bancila
    Home Page
    My CodeGuru articles

Lol .. I know exactly what you mean... thats why i did this thread. (and stickied it).. All the problems reported in one post.. also i rather edit and update it than report more in a reply to it.. (reply's are just for reporting back)...

Quote Originally Posted by VictorN View Post
    Marius, this problem is known at least two months. But it is still ignored by CG "developers" and admins...
    I don't think that is the case. As mentioned, the developers from vBulletin were also being braught in, as a lot of the problems are due to their software ( or so it seems ). So CG developers and admins aren't ignoring issues...

Hannes. I don't care whether "the developers from vBulletin" or CG "developers" are responsible for this problem.
    I only conclude that they did nothing to fix it (as well as many other ones) since at least two months!
    Victor Nijegorodov

What I'm trying to say nicely Victor, is that, contrary to beliefs, no one is ignoring the problems . The CG admins and everyone involved is continously working to resolve all the issues.

Pinpointing the speed issues and double replies and to resolve those issues, unfortunately takes time. But to say the problems are being ignored is a tad unfair IMHO.

Everyone is a bit frustrated, and I suppose it is normal.

Quote Originally Posted by HanneSThEGreaT View Post
    I don't think that is the case. As mentioned, the developers from vBulletin were also being braught in, as a lot of the problems are due to their software ( or so it seems ). So CG developers and admins aren't ignoring issues...
    Hannes, that's an implementation detail. I only care about the contracts.
    Marius Bancila
    Home Page
    My CodeGuru articles

Since vBulleting 4.2 came out 4 months ago...I don't think it's completely true to say the issues are being looked into either.

When software is this buggy...the very first thing should be to get the most recent stable release.
    If the post was helpful...Rate it! Remember to use [code] or [php] tags.

Yes! And it is exactly what I suggested more than a month ago here
    Victor Nijegorodov

The issue is with the stupid JavaScript qr_prepare_submit() function in inside vbulletin_quick_reply.js. It's failing to communicate with the server so it's redirecting. Modern browser versions warn users when content has been put into textareas so that no form data is willingly lost by the user. In this case, the form is registered as user interaction and therefore throws the user the leave page warning.

Unfortunately, this is a vBulletin issue and not CodeGuru. However, since we still aren't running the newest version...there's no way to know if vBulletin patched it.
    If the post was helpful...Rate it! Remember to use [code] or [php] tags.

Well. again: I don"t care which developer team introduced this bug. I cannot understand why they cannot (or, perhaps, don't want to) fix this bug since at least 2.5 months!?
    In any case such so called "developers" should be fired, and the Forum should be restored to the latest working version!
    Victor Nijegorodov

I like you, Victor. Did I tell you that?
    Marius Bancila
    Home Page
    My CodeGuru articles

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast