CodeGuru Home VC++ / MFC / C++ .NET / C# Visual Basic VB Forums Developer.com

Arrow A little direction

Hello all.

Well is what im wanting to do is attempt to write a program in C# that take a .txt doc and add your desired string or character at the beginning or end or both. I have no idea where to even start so I was hoping someone could shed some light on this for me.

Also while im at it, is it possible to take 2 separate .txt docs..lets say one is filled with the names of documents and the other is filled with links to the document, can you join them together, while placing lets say html or css(doesn't matter just string in general) code/tags at the beggining of the line, in between the title's and links of the documents and at the end also?

thanks in advance for any input

Re: A little direction

Google is your friend. There are innumerable tutorials out there to get you started programming in C#.

Start with the basics:

1. How to write a Windows Forms (or Windows Presentation Foundation) application
    2. How to open and read disk files.
    3. How to process strings.
    4. How to open and write to disk files.

Try things first, then if you have any trouble getting something to work, come back here and post the code, the people here will be happy to give you guidance, provided you have actually tried on your own and just couldn't get it to work.