It's time to start thinking about, and planning for, migrating my development system to a new platform.

Current development system:
WinXP SP3
Visual Studion Pro 6.0 SP6
C++/MFC applications

I have two main programs that I continue to update and lots of smaller programs. All are developed with VC++ 6.0 and MFC. All programs are statically linked. The two main programs run on all Windows version (95, 98, ME, NT 4.0, 2000, XP, Vista, and 7) and I want to continue supporting all of them. When Win8 arrives I'll support it too.

I need to start thinking and planning to move to a new platform, at least Win7 but maybe Win8, and a new development environment (Visual Studio 2012?). I would like to know what kind of grief I'm going to encounter. Here are my questions and comments (no particular order):

1. I like the VC++ 6.0 IDE. Does the new Visual Studio product also have an equivalent IDE?

2. So far I'm using C++/MFC and I want to continue with that.

3. I'm using Visual SourceSafe 6.0 for ALL of my projects - even some that are not code based. Does the new Visual Studio integrate with Visual SourceSafe 6.0 or migrate my SourceSafe database to a newer SourceSafe?

4. Can the new Visual Studio still produce code that will run on all Windows platforms listed above (95 through Win8)?

5. Can I simly open an exiating VC++ 6.0 project with the new Visual Studio and have it converted?

6. I have many macros that I developed to aid in my code writing. Can they be used in the new Visual Studio?

7. I use the MSDN DVD for online help. Does the new Visual Studio still come with MSDN (or equivalent) documentation?

8. If there are different versions of Visual Studio, what version should I be looking for?