September 25th, 2012, 10:52 AM
FoxPro to C#: What best method between ODBC, OLE DB or another?
We need to read data from FoxPro 8 with C#. I'm gonna do some operations, and will push some of thoses data to an SQL Server database. We are not sure what's best method to read those data.
I saw OLE DB and ODBC; what's best?
- The export program will run each night, but my company runs 24h a day.
- The DBF could sometimes be huge.
- We DON'T need to modify data.
- Our system, wich use FoxPro, is quite unstable: I need to find a way that ABSOLUTELY do not corrupt data, and, ideally, do not lock DBF files while reading.
- Speed is a minor requirement: it must be quick, but requirement #4 is most important.
Tags for this Thread
Click Here to Expand Forum to Full Width
This is a CodeGuru survey question.