September 26th, 2012, 04:59 PM
Creating a random number game as a client/server game
Good evening everyone,
I have been tasked for a job interview as a junior developer to create a game with the following parameters:
- Listen on a specific port
- Allow multiple clients to connect at once
- Application client, which is responsible for connecting to server, interpreting the commands, and sending commands to the server
- Client will ask user for lower number and higher number of the guessing game
- Client will then ask user for their guess
- Client will tell the user if their guess is too high, too low, or correct.
- Once they guess the correct number, the client will then tell the user the number of trieds they took to find that number
- The game then starts over.
- *Side: I also want to add an option to close the game at anytime
I am not looking for someone to tell me the EXACT approach to this. I am new to the coding world (I dove into C++ and Visual Basic about 9 years ago in high school; haven't touched it since), and have become intrigued at the fundamentals behind it. What I am looking for is some reference materials that might show examples of how this would be accomplished.
Does anyone know of a website or published materials that would help me on this adventure?
Thanks for your time in reading this post,
Click Here to Expand Forum to Full Width