CodeGuru Home VC++ / MFC / C++ .NET / C# Visual Basic VB Forums Developer.com

Thumbs up RDLC - Embedded Report - VC++ 2010

Iam using VC++2010. I wish to have a Embedded rdlc report to my project...Really I tried in many places.. but not having a solution. Still confused...

In C# Simply we can have from Report1->Properties....BuildAction=Embedded Resource And, reportViewer1.LocalReport.ReportEmbeddedResource = "MyProject1.Report1.rdlc"; But in VC++ I can't find such property... I tried like the below

reportViewer1->LocalReport->ReportEmbeddedResource = "MyProject1.Report1.rdlc";

Its not working..

Thanks..

Re: RDLC - Embedded Report - VC++ 2010

AFAIK there is no operator -> in C#, at least not with a meaning similar to what it means in C++[/CLI]. I think I recall having seen something like that in C# in the context of LINQ, though, which is a feature that, at least in that form, isn't supported in C++/CLI at all. But it's possible to "emulate" that in some way, however, at the price of a rather clumsy syntax.

Unfortunately I never had anything to do with RDLC myself, so, as long as no-one comes along who really knows it, you need to be quite specific so I can follow what's going on. In particular, this probably would be really helpful:
    • your exact original C# code (in code tags, please )
    • the exact data types of all objects involved
    • the C++/CLI code you used in your attempt to reproduce the C# results
    • the errors you got in C++/CLI
    I was thrown out of college for cheating on the metaphysics exam; I looked into the soul of the boy sitting next to me.

This is a snakeskin jacket! And for me it's a symbol of my individuality, and my belief... in personal freedom.