hello Sir ,

As you know Win8 doesn't have a StartMenu like Win7 or other OS before. So I use Visual Basic 6.0 to write a StartMenu myself. But unfortunately my Visual Basic knowledge is poor , I don't know how to write the portion of [All Programs] in the StartMenu.

I know that [All Programs] is actually a path link / shortcut of "C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs" . I've been searching on the web to find out the solution for 2 weeks. But mostly they show the "C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs" in a plain text format , by listing the folders and files like :

C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs\Acronis
C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs\Acronis\Acronis True Image Home
C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs\Acronis\Acronis True Image Home\Tools and Utilities
C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs\Acronis\Plus Pack for Acronis True Image Home 2012 ...................

Surely I can't put this result for [All Programs] in the StartMenu . All I want is exactly Win7's [All Programs] in StartMenu ; on the left hand side , it's either icon of exe file or icon for folders , when you expand the folders , you can choose the inside exe files and executable.

I've been surfing on the web for this topic for 2 weeks :

1. In the Windows Forum , they don't have any concern topic as they are not writing programs with Visual Basic 6.0
2. In the Visual Basic 6.0 Forum , they only show you the result like above in plain text.

Hope you can teach me how to make a [All Programs] in the StartMenu like Win7 with Visual Basic 6.0

Sir , as my Visual Basic knowledge is poor , can you show me this program with a download link of this program. As if only the program post on the webpage , sometimes there may be error after I copy and execute it in the VB6.

Thanks a lot in advance.
Name:  StartMenu.gif
Views: 744
Size:  65.4 KB