I often see a control that consists of two vertical lists side by side with arrows on buttons between them. The left list typically shows available items and the right list typically shows active items. There are typically four buttons, one with a single arrow pointing right, one with a double arrow pointing right, and two similar ones pointing left. Sometimes, there is a way to rearrange the order of the list on the right, if the order of the items matters.

Does this control have a name, and is it shipped with Visual Studio 2008 (or other VS versions)?

Here's what I want it for: I have a simple application written in C# and Visual Studio 2008 that uses LINQ and a DataGridView control to display the contents of a table. I want to enable a user to select the columns to be displayed in that table, and save that selection from one run of the tool to the next. If you have any other ideas of how to do this, I would appreciate it.

Also, if this isn't the correct forum for this question, I would also appreciate being pointed to the correct one.

Thanks very much!

RobR