CodeGuru Home VC++ / MFC / C++ .NET / C# Visual Basic VB Forums Developer.com

Any Codejock Users Out there?

I am finally getting back into writing code and need a little help. I still have the XTP ToolKit version 13. I am trying to do something very simple and for the life of me can't figure it out. Here is my situation.

I created a basic new project with multi documents. I can read a document into memory and it displays in the child frame. Since the XTPro Toolkit uses it's own class to control this document I don't understand how to retake control and manipulate the document (XTPEditCtrl::GetTopRow, XTPEditCtrl::SetTopRow, XTPEditCtrl::GetLineText, XTPEditCtrl::SetText, etc.).

How do I obtain a pointer to the document and then retrieve the contents for GetTopRow, SetTopRow, GetLineText, SetText, etc.

An example would be most appreciated. I have been trying to do this for over a week and I am learning stuff, but not what I need at the moment

Thanks!

John

Re: Any Codejock Users Out there?

I suppose you have a View class somewhere in your project?
    From that View class you should have access to the control that is being used by the view.
    Marc Gregoire - NuonSoft (http://www.nuonsoft.com)
    My Blog
    Wallpaper Cycler 3.5.0.97

Author of Professional C++, 4th Edition by Wiley/Wrox (includes C++17 features)
    ISBN: 978-1-119-42130-6
    [ http://www.facebook.com/professionalcpp ]

Unhappy Re: Any Codejock Users Out there?

Yes, I do have a view class and I can obtain somewhat limited control of the view. The view is a scroll window and I want to be able to read the lines of text, scroll the window up/down, know what line is at the top/bottom of the view. All of this is available within the Codejock code but I just can't seem to find the right object to use as a reference to the data.

Sadly I am not a "current" customer so have no permission to ask/receive technical assistance on their website.

John