I write in plain C to the WIN32API. None of that fancy stuff.

I need to be able to have the client area of a window fill the screen such that the window frame, title bar and menu are all invisible.

In the past I sized and positioned the window so that the invisible areas would simply be drawn off-screen, but in this age of common multi-monitor systems, this is no longer a good option because those previously invisible elements are appearing on adjacent displays!

I DO NOT want to lose the functionality provided by the menu or the title bar buttons. (That functionality still existed even when they were drawn off screen.) That means that I cannot simply adjust the window style to no title, no menu and no frame when it goes full screen. Instead, I suspect that I need to somehow alter the height of the title and menu to zero (the frame I can turn off) when the program is full screen and then restore their normal height later.

Is this even possible and if so, how is it done? If it is NOT possible, then what is the correct procedure for making a window full screen?

And remember, I'm talking about doing this with my CODE, not to an existing 3rd party window or anything. I know about things like pressing F11 in a browser, but I need to implement the code behind the F11!