Re: PictureBox settings.

Apples vs Oranges. NOT THE SAME...
    David

CodeGuru Article: Bound Controls are Evil-VB6
    2013 Samples: MS CODE Samples

CodeGuru Reviewer
    2006 Dell CSP
    2006, 2007 & 2008 MVP Visual Basic
    If your question has been answered satisfactorily, and it has been helpful, then, please, Rate this Post!

Quote Originally Posted by DataMiser View Post
    I'm not surprised that I missunderstood, very hard to determine what you are saying in most of the posts here. It sure sound slike you are trying to get a transparent background on a picture box though.
    You see im not speaking englisch. I try write text the simpler, maybe i do mistakes but in the end we somehow understand each others. So vb.net is better then vb6. I like vb2010 but its hard to deal with it to me.

I wouldn't have used a PNG file in the fisrt place, as it doesn't support transparancy like GIF formats do. This is not a programmatic problem, it is a design problem IMHO. Open the file in a graphics program, make the white transparant, then, use the GIF file that was output, in your program.

Actually, PNG does support transparency. I use that feature myself all the time. Even more so, while GIF (AFAICT) only supports a one-bit transparency mask or single color index assigned to be transparent, PNG supports a full-blown alpha chanel. (See also: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Compari...hnical_details)

This thread apparently is just about what the title says: a problem with the VB6 picture box control. I can't say much about that myself though, since I'm not using VB6. (Just here for the VBA stuff, you know... )
    I was thrown out of college for cheating on the metaphysics exam; I looked into the soul of the boy sitting next to me.

This is a snakeskin jacket! And for me it's a symbol of my individuality, and my belief... in personal freedom.

Quote Originally Posted by Eri523 View Post
    Actually, PNG does support transparency. I use that feature myself all the time. Even more so, while GIF (AFAICT) only supports a one-bit transparency mask or single color index assigned to be transparent, PNG supports a full-blown alpha chanel. (See also: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Compari...hnical_details)

This thread apparently is just about what the title says: a problem with the VB6 picture box control. I can't say much about that myself though, since I'm not using VB6. (Just here for the VBA stuff, you know... )
    Well I never Just shows, you're never too old to learn Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by HanneSThEGreaT View Post
    I wouldn't have used a PNG file in the fisrt place, as it doesn't support transparancy like GIF formats do.
    PNG (Portable Network Graphics) file support tranparency. In this topic first picture is png with tranparency code, you can see behind picture is a backorund picture.

Halosar7 : Here's a small vb6 project that show one way to simulate a transparent picturebox
    Study it and maybe it could be a solution to your problem
    Attached Files Attached Files
    JG

... If your problem is fixed don't forget to mark your threads as resolved using the Thread Tools menu ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12