CodeGuru Home VC++ / MFC / C++ .NET / C# Visual Basic VB Forums Developer.com

Networks ssids connections using managed c++

Hi, thanks in advance.

I know there is a way to connect to ssids and / or create a connection in C++.

But i need a Managed C++ way.

I have some NetworkInformation code. But I need to know how to connct to an SSID.

I have no networks programmation clues. So All i need, is to make a pannel for showing the ssids and to connect to them.

I don't know how to implement wlan in it and don't really know what it is.

I need a documention with the actual connection process, and the SSID idenfitifications.

Thanks.

Re: Networks ssids connections using managed c++

Quote Originally Posted by FenixEden View Post
    I know there is a way to connect to ssids and / or create a connection in C++.
    So what native API would you use for this? You know, it's relatively easy to use native APIs in C++/CLI. After all that's what it's made for (exclusively, as at leat most people think )...

In the .NET Framework library I'd have expected something related in the System::Net namespace, specifically System::Net::NetworkInformation, but I couldn't find anything like that in there.

Perhaps there'll come some expert in both networting and .NET along who simply knows; at least I don't.
    I was thrown out of college for cheating on the metaphysics exam; I looked into the soul of the boy sitting next to me.

This is a snakeskin jacket! And for me it's a symbol of my individuality, and my belief... in personal freedom.

How do I implement native API?
    I know I should have a code example somewhere in a certain path of wlan api.
    But there is none.
    The expected path is simply not there.

Else than that, I see no answer to my question.
    Can you find a Net expert?

Quote Originally Posted by FenixEden View Post
    How do I implement native API?
    You wouldn't implement it. It is (or would be) there already.

Once you found out which native API to use, we can go on here, discussing how to use it from C++/CLI.

I know I should have a code example somewhere in a certain path of wlan api.
    But there is none.
    The expected path is simply not there.
    I can't remember ever heaving heard of anything named WLAN API, but I may have been wrong, so I simply hacked "WLAN API" into the MSDN Library search. It came up with a few thousand hits, quite some of which had the word "sample" in their subject lines. Perhaps some of them may be of interest to you.

Can you find a Net expert?
    CodeGuru has a dedicated Network Programming section, so if some are aroud, they probably can be found there. I don't frequent that section myself, though.
    I was thrown out of college for cheating on the metaphysics exam; I looked into the soul of the boy sitting next to me.

This is a snakeskin jacket! And for me it's a symbol of my individuality, and my belief... in personal freedom.

I'll try there later...
    thanks eric